Senior Core Tech Engineer - Unreal Engine
- Warsaw, [remote - CDPR-approved locations], Poland
- Employees can work remotely
To create revolutionary, story-driven RPGs which go straight to the hearts of gamers — this is our mission. As a driven team of talented professionals from all around the globe, we want to earn our place as one of the world’s top video-game developers, push narrative boundaries, and build unforgettable stories that set and redefine the standards for the genre.
As a Core Tech Engineer you will use your experience with Unreal Engine and low-level game coding topics to find the best ways to use Unreal Engine to make large open-world games and, when needed, find ways to shape and push the technology further. As someone who knows Unreal Engine inside and out, you will be working with and guiding the whole team to build solid technology for the new Witcher saga and our future games.
- Developing and maintaining core technology systems built on Unreal Engine.
- Owning and driving core technology topics, and making decisions about them.
- Proposing and implementing solutions to the challenges of performance and scale of a large open world game.
- Mentoring team members on how to get the most out Unreal Technology.
- Cooperating with Epic to share ideas and find ways to take the technology forward.
- Creating a game that delivers memorable experiences to players.
- Working across all disciplines to ensure that the engine technologies are meeting the needs of all stakeholders.
- Deep knowledge of Unreal Engine.
- Wide knowledge about game systems and specialization in at least one specific engine related area.
- Deep knowledge of C++.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in game industry (with at least 3 years on a similar position).
- Experience in working on various platforms.
- Strong system architecture skills.
- Ability to debug and optimize code.
- Experience with multithreaded programming.
- At least one AAA title shipped on different platforms.
- Experience with RPG and/or open world games will be very welcome.
- A team player.
- Solid communication skills, with the ability to communicate in English.
- Can think and work creatively, taking initiative to solve problems.
- Drive towards professional growth.
- Agile mindset is a plus.
- Passion for creating games.
For this role you can choose between a remote-first or office-first working mode.
- Office-First: working primarily from the Warsaw, Wroclaw, or Cracow studio for a minimum of 10 days per month.
- Remote-First: working from home, or from any location that is within 3 hours of the GMT+2 time zone.
Perks & Professional Growth
- Flexible working hours — start your workday anytime between 8:00 and 10:00 AM.
- A welcome pack filled with goodies — to help you feel right at home once you join the team.
- Trainings, lectures and courses — internal workshops, external training for each employee, ‘Meet a star’ events, knowledge-sharing initiatives, online tutorials, and e-learning classes are all available. There’s always something to learn!
- Merch — employee store discounts at CD PROJEKT RED Gear, gifts for newborn rebels and regular chances to nab some cool swag!
Health & Well-being
- Private medical healthcare — a selection of medical plans with dental care to choose from, which are also accessible for your partner and relatives.
- Support during COVID-19 — regular tests and COVID vaccinations at the studio as well as professional advice and guidance from a specialist doctor.
- Psychological care — free mental health support and various well-being webinars.
- Multisport card — gain access to a wide number of sporting and fitness facilities across the city.
Social Activities & Life in the Office
- Dog-friendly office — dog owner? Bring your pooch with you and look after them while working! There’s always a furry friend or two to meet at the studio.
- Social events — we host regular gatherings at the studio where we can all unwind, play games, and just have some fun together.
- Healthy selections — organic fruit, snacks, muesli, organic honey, vegan milk, and specialty coffee are all at your disposal around the studio. Enjoy!
- Truly international working environment — a chance to meet and work with a diverse selection of people from all around the world.
Head office in Warsaw
- Sustainable campus with an eco ethos — solar panels provide green energy, 2000 plants and an air-filtering system to help provide clean air, electric car charging points, flower meadows, and more green features in the works.
- An onsite, well-equipped gym with a climbing wall and a personal trainer available every day and pilates classes.
- Car and bike parking spaces.
- A designated space for your bicycle, as well as bicycle repair equipment and showers available whenever you need them.
- No dress-code — we like to keep it casual.
- Relocation package – flight ticket, company apartment for your first month, relocating your pet, shipping your belongings: it’s all covered. Who said moving countries needs to be complicated?
- Relocation assistance — processing your legalization operations for you, assistance with finding residence, tax settlements, helping out with translations if needed, and much more — we have dedicated teams to help make sure that all you need to feel right at home is taken care of.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees — and for your spouse or partner, too.
- Paid Leave — from 20 to 26 days of holiday for every team member per year, paid sick leave, and paid maternity & paternity leave.