Lead Physics Programmer
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
At CD PROJEKT RED Vancouver, our mission is to create world-class interactive entertainment experiences. Located in one of the biggest video game hubs in the world, Vancouver, Canada, we are an inclusive multi-national team of driven and talented professionals that fosters cross-disciplinary collaboration and honest conversations. We push gameplay boundaries. We build unforgettable narratives and stories. We make some of the best and most revered video games on the planet. Join us!
As a Physics Programmer at CD PROJEKT RED Vancouver, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, optimizing, and maintaining low to mid-level simulation systems, such as vehicle physics, ragdoll simulation, etc. You will be responsible for maintaining existing physics elements, implementing new features and also for upholding the highest quality for our code. This is an exciting opportunity to develop cutting-edge simulation systems and new gameplay features.
- Excellent knowledge of C++ coding principles and practices with at least 3 years of professional experience
- Proficiency in mathematics, specifically linear algebra and calculus
- Familiarity with physics simulation systems and numerical methods
- Physics, mathematics or a computer science degree
- Strong multi-threaded programming skills
- Strong attention to detail and quality
- Ability to work effectively in a team and independently when required
- Excellent communication skills: We have a multilingual and multicultural working environment and the ability to communicate across language and time zone barriers is essential
- Management of Physics team members: mentoring, scheduling and tracking tasks, performance evaluations, one on ones, disciplinary actions, and knowing when to report an issue up the line.
- Competitive salary with project-based bonuses
- Health benefits with an HSA account
- Responsible work-life balance with flexible hours and paid overtime
- 26 days of paid vacation per year
- A modern indie-style studio with a relaxed atmosphere working on high-budget AAA Games
- A chance to work in a booming industry within an international team
- Office located near transit and bike routes