Senior Character Concept Artist
- CDPR-approved remote locations / office-first, Poland
- Employees can work remotely
To create revolutionary, story-driven RPGs which go straight to the hearts of gamers — this is our mission. As a driven team of talented professionals from all around the globe, we want to earn our place as one of the world’s top video-game developers, push narrative boundaries, and build unforgettable stories that set and redefine the standards for the genre.
CD PROJEKT RED is looking for a Senior Concept Artist to support The Molasses Flood development studio in their own ambitious project which is based on one of CD PROJEKT’s IPs. As a Senior Concept Artist you will take part in developing, honing and communicating the artistic vision for an upcoming, stylized game. You will work within the stylistic boundaries to create beautiful, inspirational concepts of characters and props.
This position will require remote cooperation with The Molasses Flood Boston studio.
The Molasses Flood is a CD PROJEKT development studio located in the greater Boston area. It was founded by industry veterans in 2014, and since then have created The Flame in the Flood and Drake Hollow. The Molasses Flood is currently working on an ambitious and exciting new project and is growing their team across all departments.
- Creating compelling art that will help support the overall look and feel of the game.
- Creating stylized character, creature designs and prop concepts.
- Creating lighting and mood schemes that help define the tone of the world.
- Researching and presenting your findings to the leads.
- Sharing your knowledge with the team.
- Guiding other team members and lifting them up to the higher level.
- Being mindful of time constraints and budgets.
- Working closely with the Lead Concept Artist, Art Director and other team leads.
- Min. 5 years of professional experience.
- Min. 2 years of in-house experience in the games industry.
- Experience in shipping a game.
- Good understanding of human as well as animal form and anatomy.
- Good understanding of hard surface art principles.
- Good sense for light, tone, form and palette.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Positive attitude and teamwork spirit.
- Well-developed organizational skills.
- Independence and a high level of responsibility for the tasks performed.
- Proficiency in English.
Nice to Have
(Please note that these skills are not required to apply for the position)
- Experience as a mentor/buddy.
- Strong foundation in traditional art.
For this role you can choose between a remote-first or office-first working mode.
- Office-First: working primarily from the Warsaw, Wroclaw, or Cracow studio for a minimum of 10 days per month.
- Remote-First: working from home, or from any location that is within 3 hours of the GMT+2 time zone.
Perks & Professional Growth
- Flexible working hours — start your workday anytime between 8:00 and 10:00 AM.
- A welcome pack filled with goodies — to help you feel right at home once you join the team.
- Trainings, lectures and courses — internal workshops, external training for each employee, ‘Meet a star’ events, knowledge-sharing initiatives, online tutorials, and e-learning classes are all available. There’s always something to learn!
- Merch — employee store discounts at CD PROJEKT RED Gear, gifts for newborn rebels and regular chances to nab some cool swag!
Health & Well-being
- Private medical healthcare — a selection of medical plans with dental care to choose from, which are also accessible for your partner and relatives.
- Support during COVID-19 — regular tests and COVID vaccinations at the studio as well as professional advice and guidance from a specialist doctor.
- Psychological care — free mental health support and various well-being webinars.
- Multisport card — gain access to a wide number of sporting and fitness facilities across the city.
Social Activities & Life in the Office
- Dog-friendly office — dog owner? Bring your pooch with you and look after them while working! There’s always a furry friend or two to meet at the studio.
- Social events — we host regular gatherings at the studio where we can all unwind, play games, and just have some fun together.
- Healthy selections — organic fruit, snacks, muesli, organic honey, vegan milk, and specialty coffee are all at your disposal around the studio. Enjoy!
- Truly international working environment — a chance to meet and work with a diverse selection of people from all around the world.
- Sustainable campus with an eco ethos — solar panels provide green energy, 2000 plants and an air-filtering system to help provide clean air, electric car charging points, flower meadows, and more green features in the works.
- An onsite, well-equipped gym with a climbing wall and a personal trainer available every day and pilates classes.
- Car and bike parking spaces.
- A designated space for your bicycle, as well as bicycle repair equipment and showers available whenever you need them.
- Our studio library is stocked with around 1000 books and games for you to rent.
- No dress-code — we like to keep it casual.