Story Tech Programmer
- CDPR-approved remote locations / office-first, Poland, Poland
- Employees can work remotely
To create revolutionary, story-driven RPGs which go straight to the hearts of gamers — this is our mission. As a driven team of talented professionals from all around the globe, we want to earn our place as one of the world’s top video-game developers, push narrative boundaries, and build unforgettable stories that set and redefine the standards for the genre.
As a Story Tech Programmer you will get a chance to work with extremely passionate and creative people like quest designers, cinematic designers and artists in order to bring to life ideas that will excite players from all over the world! We're using Unreal Engine 5 and we need your help to not only harvest its power, but also to push its boundaries even further. As a member of this team, you'll be making sure that technology does not limit our imagination by designing, implementing and expanding already existing features.
If you are curious, but not sure what to expect, have a look at the talk that one of our Technical Directors prepared for the Game Developers Conference 2016 in San Francisco! We are going to use this knowledge to build an even more powerful system to unleash our creativity to its fullest potential! Behind the Scenes of the Cinematic Dialogues in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Creating and expanding gameplay systems.
- Developing and supporting tools that enable fast implementation of immersive story experience.
- Making sure that PC and console builds run smoothly and are stable.
- Very good knowledge of C++ coding principles and practices built on commercial projects, open source/private projects or mods.
- At least 2 years of professional experience as a programmer within the games industry.
- Broad experience with Unreal Engine 4 or 5.
- Drive to learn new things and build your own solutions.
- Being able to work with not only programmers but also artists and designers in multilingual environment.
- Can think and work creatively, taking initiative to solve problems.
- Can easily communicate in English.
- Agile mindset is a plus.
- Passion for creating games.
For this role you can choose between a remote-first or office-first working mode.
- Office-First: working primarily from the Warsaw, Wroclaw, or Cracow studio for a minimum of 10 days per month.
- Remote-First: working from home, or from any location that is within 3 hours of the GMT+2 time zone.
Perks & Professional Growth
- Flexible working hours — start your workday anytime between 8:00 and 10:00 AM.
- A welcome pack filled with goodies — to help you feel right at home once you join the team.
- Trainings, lectures and courses — internal workshops, external training for each employee, ‘Meet a star’ events, knowledge-sharing initiatives, online tutorials, and e-learning classes are all available. There’s always something to learn!
- Merch — employee store discounts at CD PROJEKT RED Gear, gifts for newborn rebels and regular chances to nab some cool swag!
Health & Well-being
- Private medical healthcare — a selection of medical plans with dental care to choose from, which are also accessible for your partner and relatives.
- Support during COVID-19 — regular tests and COVID vaccinations at the studio as well as professional advice and guidance from a specialist doctor.
- Psychological care — free mental health support and various well-being webinars.
- Multisport card — gain access to a wide number of sporting and fitness facilities across the city.
Social Activities & Life in the Office
- Dog-friendly office — dog owner? Bring your pooch with you and look after them while working! There’s always a furry friend or two to meet at the studio.
- Social events — we host regular gatherings at the studio where we can all unwind, play games, and just have some fun together.
- Healthy selections — organic fruit, snacks, muesli, organic honey, vegan milk, and specialty coffee are all at your disposal around the studio. Enjoy!
- Truly international working environment — a chance to meet and work with a diverse selection of people from all around the world.
Head office in Warsaw
- Sustainable campus with an eco ethos — solar panels provide green energy, 2000 plants and an air-filtering system to help provide clean air, electric car charging points, flower meadows, and more green features in the works.
- An onsite, well-equipped gym with a climbing wall and a personal trainer available every day and pilates classes.
- Car and bike parking spaces.
- A designated space for your bicycle, as well as bicycle repair equipment and showers available whenever you need them.
- No dress-code — we like to keep it casual.
- Relocation package – flight ticket, company apartment for your first month, relocating your pet, shipping your belongings: it’s all covered. Who said moving countries needs to be complicated?
- Relocation assistance — processing your legalization operations for you, assistance with finding residence, tax settlements, helping out with translations if needed, and much more — we have dedicated teams to help make sure that all you need to feel right at home is taken care of.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees — and for your spouse or partner, too.
- Paid Leave — from 20 to 26 days of holiday for every team member per year, paid sick leave, and paid maternity & paternity leave.