Destruction Technical Artist
To create revolutionary, story-driven RPGs which go straight to the hearts of gamers — this is our mission. As a driven team of talented professionals from all around the globe, we want to earn our place as one of the world’s top video-game developers, push narrative boundaries, and build unforgettable stories that set and redefine the standards for the genre.
We’re looking for an experienced Destruction Technical Artist to join our team. If you join us, you’ll be able to expand your knowledge whether by making new tools and introducing new solutions or by improving the current ones. You will have access to advanced assets, including those where art direction, technical limitations (optimization), gameplay, fun factor and level design do not exclude each other. You’ll have a chance to work in a multidisciplinary environment with people from various fields. Sounds interesting? Send us your CV! :)
- Keeping up technical and visual quality.
- Optimizing destruction assets to the extent nobody notices they are optimized because they look and behave great.
- Sharing your area knowledge with other team members.
- Broad knowledge of 3d: modeling, UV, optimization.
- Knowledge of 3DsMax, Blender, Maya, Houdini (including scripting) (Max and Houdini are the main software ).
- Python / Maxscript.
- Very high communication level, oriented for cooperation between teams (especially non-tech related), ability to explain complex topics with simple words and without math
- Knowledge about level design or at least experience in cooperation with a level designer
Nice to have:
(Please note that these skills are not required to apply for the position)
- World building, environmental storytelling, and some artistic feel is very welcome.
- Having a sense of physical substances, some real work experience with materials.
- Knowledge about (any) physical engine.
Please attach portfolio to your application.
Perks & Professional Growth:
- Flexible working hours — start your workday anytime between 8:00 and 10:00 AM.
- A welcome pack filled with goodies — to help you feel right at home once you join the team.
- Trainings, lectures and courses — internal workshops, external training for each employee, ‘Meet a star’ events, knowledge-sharing initiatives, online tutorials, and e-learning classes are all available. There’s always something to learn!
- Merch — employee store discounts at CD PROJEKT RED Gear, gifts for newborn rebels and regular chances to nab some cool swag!
Health & Well-being
- Private medical healthcare — a selection of medical plans with dental care to choose from, which are also accessible for your partner and relatives.
- Support during COVID-19 — regular tests and COVID vaccinations at the studio as well as professional advice and guidance from a specialist doctor.
- Psychological care — free mental health support and various well-being webinars.
- Multisport card — gain access to a wide number of sporting and fitness facilities across the city.
Social Activities & Life in the Office
- Dog-friendly office — dog owner? Bring your pooch with you and look after them while working! There’s always a furry friend or two to meet at the studio.
- Social events — we host regular gatherings at the studio where we can all unwind, play games, and just have some fun together.
- Healthy selections — organic fruit, snacks, muesli, organic honey, vegan milk, and specialty coffee are all at your disposal around the studio. Enjoy!
- Truly international working environment — a chance to meet and work with a diverse selection of people from all around the world.
- Sustainable campus with an eco ethos — solar panels provide green energy, 2000 plants and an air-filtering system to help provide clean air, electric car charging points, flower meadows, and more green features in the works.
- An onsite, well-equipped gym with a climbing wall and a personal trainer available every day and pilates classes.
- Car and bike parking spaces.
- A designated space for your bicycle, as well as bicycle repair equipment and showers available whenever you need them.
- Our studio library is stocked with around 1000 books and games for you to rent.
- No dress-code — we like to keep it casual.
- Relocation package – flight ticket, company apartment for your first month, relocating your pet, shipping your belongings: it’s all covered. Who said moving countries needs to be complicated?
- Relocation assistance — processing your legalization operations for you, assistance with finding residence, tax settlements, helping out with translations if needed, and much more — we have dedicated teams to help make sure that all you need to feel right at home is taken care of.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees — and for your spouse or partner, too.
- Paid Leave — from 20 to 26 days of holiday for every team member per year, paid sick leave, and paid maternity & paternity leave.