Visual Technical Artist (Shaders)
- Warsaw, Poland
To create revolutionary, story-driven RPGs which go straight to the hearts of gamers — this is our mission. As a driven team of talented professionals from all around the globe, we want to earn our place as one of the world’s top video-game developers, push narrative boundaries, and build unforgettable stories that set and redefine the standards for the genre.
As a Visual Technical Artist in CD PROJEKT RED, you will work across multiple cutting-edge AAA games. Your unique skillset & background will help shape the workflows of the future. We value ownership of the art & tech you create. You will grow together with other experienced developers in our Tech Art team and in the feature teams outside of it. There is space to share your passion - to give feedback, educate and inspire others.
- Writing shaders for materials, effects, cutscene-specific animations.
- Creating tools to improve our daily workflow.
- Optimizing the features to fit hardware performance constraints.
- Keeping documentation of your work easy to follow for art and code teams.
- Working experience in writing shaders or creating node-based materials.
- Programming skills (any relevant language: C#, C++, Python).
- Knowledge of game art pipelines
- Familiarity with any of the following: Substance Painter, Substance Designer, Blender, Maya, Houdini.
- Understanding & being able to optimize for games performance limitations.
Nice to have:
(Please note that these skills are not required to apply for the position)
- HLSL / GLSL.
- Working experience in Unreal Engine or Unity.
- Code quality skills: data structures, optimization.
- Experience in 3D art or tech (rendering) background in games.
- Experience in profiling (RenderDoc, PIX).
Perks & Professional Growth
- Flexible working hours — start your workday anytime between 8:00 and 10:00 AM.
- A welcome pack filled with goodies — to help you feel right at home once you join the team.
- Trainings, lectures and courses — internal workshops, external training for each employee, ‘Meet a star’ events, knowledge-sharing initiatives, online tutorials, and e-learning classes are all available. There’s always something to learn!
- Merch — employee store discounts at CD PROJEKT RED Gear, gifts for newborn rebels and regular chances to nab some cool swag!
Health & Well-being
- Private medical healthcare — a selection of medical plans with dental care to choose from, which are also accessible for your partner and relatives.
- Support during COVID-19 — regular tests and COVID vaccinations at the studio as well as professional advice and guidance from a specialist doctor.
- Psychological care — free mental health support and various well-being webinars.
- Multisport card — gain access to a wide number of sporting and fitness facilities across the city.
Social Activities & Life in the Office
- Dog-friendly office — dog owner? Bring your pooch with you and look after them while working! There’s always a furry friend or two to meet at the studio.
- Social events — we host regular gatherings at the studio where we can all unwind, play games, and just have some fun together.
- Healthy selections — organic fruit, snacks, muesli, organic honey, vegan milk, and specialty coffee are all at your disposal around the studio. Enjoy!
- Truly international working environment — a chance to meet and work with a diverse selection of people from all around the world.
- Sustainable campus with an eco ethos — solar panels provide green energy, 2000 plants and an air-filtering system to help provide clean air, electric car charging points, flower meadows, and more green features in the works.
- An onsite, well-equipped gym with a climbing wall and a personal trainer available every day and pilates classes.
- Car and bike parking spaces.
- A designated space for your bicycle, as well as bicycle repair equipment and showers available whenever you need them.
- No dress-code — we like to keep it casual.
- Relocation package – flight ticket, company apartment for your first month, relocating your pet, shipping your belongings: it’s all covered. Who said moving countries needs to be complicated?
- Relocation assistance — processing your legalization operations for you, assistance with finding residence, tax settlements, helping out with translations if needed, and much more — we have dedicated teams to help make sure that all you need to feel right at home is taken care of.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees — and for your spouse or partner, too.
- Paid Leave — from 20 to 26 days of holiday for every team member per year, paid sick leave, and paid maternity & paternity leave.