Senior Cinematic Animator
- Warsaw, Poland
To create revolutionary, story-driven RPGs which go straight to the hearts of gamers — this is our mission. As a driven team of talented professionals from all around the globe, we want to earn our place as one of the world’s top video-game developers, push narrative boundaries, and build unforgettable stories that set and redefine the standards for the genre.
CD PROJEKT RED is looking for an exceptional, talented and experienced Senior Cinematic Animator to join our team. A person in this position will be responsible for character animation in all kinds of narrative moments such as cutscenes, interactive scenes and open world content. You will be responsible for daily cooperation with the designers and other multi-disciplinary team members in order to create content for the game - from quest requirements, through mocap shoot, to finished animation.
You’re probably wondering what it's like to be an animator at CD PROJEKT RED. Well, it’s refreshingly different! We’re giving animators a lot of freedom in terms of creativity – we have our own motion capture studio and animate everything in-house. You’ll have a shot not only at animating humanoids and animals, but also machines and creatures that are a real challenge to bring to life. At RED, every animator is responsible for a piece of the project, so you feel you’re a part of things. If you’ve been looking for a change, you just found it!
- Being a game developer first, thinking about how your animations are going to look and feel while playing the game.
- Holding responsibility for animations in a given part of the game and collaborating in a multi-disciplinary team to create the best player experience possible.
- Delivering work in accordance with the artistic direction of the project.
- Creating final, high quality narrative animation assets from scratch or motion capture footage.
- Collaborating on a daily basis with Animation Lead.
- Estimating the time required to carry out your own tasks and to meet deadlines.
- Being able to quickly draft animation to prove ideas.
- Providing knowledge and solutions for everyday problems.
- Sharing own experience and helping the less experienced members of the team.
- Having worked on at least one AAA title.
- An animation reel proving senior level skillset with a clear explanation of what you did.
- Great understanding of what it means to be a senior game developer.
- Being able to work proactively in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Driving to receive, seek and provide constructive feedback.
- Ability to mentor less experienced peers.
- Ability to self-manage and make responsible decisions about time and project priorities.
- Solid knowledge of animation principles and an eye for dynamic poses.
- Experience working with motion capture.
- Professional knowledge of Motion Builder and/or Maya.
- Outstanding creativity and very strong commitment to a project.
- Desire to create great games and a passion for animation.
- Fluent level of English (spoken and written).
Nice to have:
(Please note that these skills are not required to apply for the position)
- Graduation in the field of animation (including animation courses).
- Experience in directing motion capture sessions.
- Experience animating FACS systems.
- Experience working on open world games.
- Basic knowledge of scripting or programming.
Perks & Professional Growth
- Flexible working hours — start your workday anytime between 8:00 and 10:00 AM.
- A welcome pack filled with goodies — to help you feel right at home once you join the team.
- Trainings, lectures and courses — internal workshops, external training for each employee, ‘Meet a star’ events, knowledge-sharing initiatives, online tutorials, and e-learning classes are all available. There’s always something to learn!
- Merch — employee store discounts at CD PROJEKT RED Gear, gifts for newborn rebels and regular chances to nab some cool swag!
Health & Well-being
- Private medical healthcare — a selection of medical plans with dental care to choose from, which are also accessible for your partner and relatives.
- Support during COVID-19 — regular tests and COVID vaccinations at the studio as well as professional advice and guidance from a specialist doctor.
- Psychological care — free mental health support and various well-being webinars.
- Multisport card — gain access to a wide number of sporting and fitness facilities across the city.
Social Activities & Life in the Office
- Dog-friendly office — dog owner? Bring your pooch with you and look after them while working! There’s always a furry friend or two to meet at the studio.
- Social events — we host regular gatherings at the studio where we can all unwind, play games, and just have some fun together.
- Healthy selections — organic fruit, snacks, muesli, organic honey, vegan milk, and specialty coffee are all at your disposal around the studio. Enjoy!
- Truly international working environment — a chance to meet and work with a diverse selection of people from all around the world.
- Sustainable campus with an eco ethos — solar panels provide green energy, 2000 plants and an air-filtering system to help provide clean air, electric car charging points, flower meadows, and more green features in the works.
- An onsite, well-equipped gym with a climbing wall and a personal trainer available every day and pilates classes.
- Car and bike parking spaces.
- A designated space for your bicycle, as well as bicycle repair equipment and showers available whenever you need them.
- No dress-code — we like to keep it casual.
- Relocation package – flight ticket, company apartment for your first month, relocating your pet, shipping your belongings: it’s all covered. Who said moving countries needs to be complicated?
- Relocation assistance — processing your legalization operations for you, assistance with finding residence, tax settlements, helping out with translations if needed, and much more — we have dedicated teams to help make sure that all you need to feel right at home is taken care of.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees — and for your spouse or partner, too.
- Paid Leave — from 20 to 26 days of holiday for every team member per year, paid sick leave, and paid maternity & paternity leave.