Lead Lighting Artist
To create revolutionary, story-driven RPGs which go straight to the hearts of gamers — this is our mission. As a driven team of talented professionals from all around the globe, we want to earn our place as one of the world’s top video-game developers, push narrative boundaries, and build unforgettable stories that set and redefine the standards for the genre.
We’re looking for a talented and experienced Lead Lighting Artist to join our team and work on the new project within The Witcher Universe. If you already have experience leading art teams and you have knowledge of lighting tools and pipelines, you may be who we’re looking for! If you feel up to the challenge, send us your CV and portfolio.
- Keeping artistic style consistent with defined visual style for the game.
- Regularly interacting with the Producer and Director to understand the desired look as it relates to lighting for the production.
- Overseeing all teams in order to maintain appropriate emotions in the game scenario.
- Deconstructing lighting and textures in a physically based renderer to establish appropriate colour correct values.
- Participating as a supervising team member in determining various design solutions; improving efficiency and providing artistic feedback on a shot and sequence level to other team members of the production.
- Partnering with Artist Management to guide artists’ overall professional development, providing performance feedback, mentoring, assisting with resolving performance issues, and maintaining positive morale amongst the crew.
- Actively participating in the recruiting and staffing of the lighting team.
- Ensuring that all lighting deliverables are completed fully and in line with the production schedule.
- 3+ years’ production experience either:
- in a leadership role on a AAA games or the CGI, or in a VFX film industry,
- or strong relevant experience in coordinating and collaborating with different departments.
- Excellent knowledge of lighting tools and pipelines in Unreal Engine.
- Excellent knowledge of direct and indirect light, luminance and colour theory.
- Being self-driven to complete assigned tasks in a timely manner while maintaining a high level of quality.
- Ability to define and meet a schedule.
- Working closely with other departments while creating and implementing assets.
- Excellent communication skills: We have a multilingual and multicultural working environment and the ability to communicate across language and time zone barriers is essential.
Perks & Professional Growth
- Flexible working hours — start your workday anytime between 8:00 and 10:00 AM.
- A welcome pack filled with goodies — to help you feel right at home once you join the team.
- Trainings, lectures and courses — internal workshops, external training for each employee, ‘Meet a star’ events, knowledge-sharing initiatives, online tutorials, and e-learning classes are all available. There’s always something to learn!
- Merch — employee store discounts at CD PROJEKT RED Gear, gifts for newborn rebels and regular chances to nab some cool swag!
Health & Well-being
- Private medical healthcare — a selection of medical plans with dental care to choose from, which are also accessible for your partner and relatives.
- Support during COVID-19 — regular tests and COVID vaccinations at the studio as well as professional advice and guidance from a specialist doctor.
- Psychological care — free mental health support and various well-being webinars.
- Multisport card — gain access to a wide number of sporting and fitness facilities across the city.
Social Activities & Life in the Office
- Dog-friendly office — dog owner? Bring your pooch with you and look after them while working! There’s always a furry friend or two to meet at the studio.
- Social events — we host regular gatherings at the studio where we can all unwind, play games, and just have some fun together.
- Healthy selections — organic fruit, snacks, muesli, organic honey, vegan milk, and specialty coffee are all at your disposal around the studio. Enjoy!
- Truly international working environment — a chance to meet and work with a diverse selection of people from all around the world.
- Relocation package – flight ticket, company apartment for your first month, relocating your pet, shipping your belongings: it’s all covered. Who said moving countries needs to be complicated?
- Relocation assistance — processing your legalization operations for you, assistance with finding residence, tax settlements, helping out with translations if needed, and much more — we have dedicated teams to help make sure that all you need to feel right at home is taken care of.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees — and for your spouse or partner, too.
- Paid Leave — from 20 to 26 days of holiday for every team member per year, paid sick leave, and paid maternity & paternity leave.
- Sustainable campus with an eco ethos — solar panels provide green energy, 2000 plants and an air-filtering system to help provide clean air, electric car charging points, flower meadows, and more green features in the works.
- An onsite, well-equipped gym with a climbing wall and a personal trainer available every day and pilates classes.
- Car and bike parking spaces.
- A designated space for your bicycle, as well as bicycle repair equipment and showers available whenever you need them.
- Our studio library is stocked with around 1000 books and games for you to rent.
- No dress-code — we like to keep it casual.