Junior Backend Engineer
To create revolutionary, story-driven RPGs which go straight to the hearts of gamers — this is our mission. As a driven team of talented professionals from all around the globe, we want to earn our place as one of the world’s top video-game developers, push narrative boundaries, and build unforgettable stories that set and redefine the standards for the genre.
We are building web services to enrich games created by CD Projekt RED with online experience. Help us bring gamers together! We work hand in hand with the game developers to add new interesting ways to engage players. As a Junior Backend Engineer you will be working on desiging, creating and adding new features to our existing services. You will be using modern technologies in a cloud environment, employing Agile methodologies to iterate quickly on designs to find the best solutions providing features that will be used by millions of gamers all over the world.
- Working together with senior engineers and under their guidance on highly available, scalable web services for millions of gamers around the world.
- Learning modern software development practices from a team of experts in this field.
- Having real and immediate impact — you should be deploying your changes in your first sprint!
- Writing well designed, testable, efficient code by using the best software development practices.
- Participating in the Agile process, including refining tasks, planning together with the team, reviewing others' work and improving the process itself.
- Sharing CD Projekt RED values and eager to join our culture.
- Any commercial experience with Java or other JDK-based languages (employment, contract or internship).
- Programming in Java or other JDK-based language.
- Experience with a popular open-source web framework (such as Spring Boot, Quarkus).
- Knowledge of dependency management tools (such as Maven, Gradle).
- Experience in source control systems (git, git-flow).
- Ability to use software development techniques in daily work (such as TDD, SOLID, DDD, Clean Code).
- Ability to easily communicate in English.
- Discipline and eagerness to quickly learn.
- Ability to write tests for every change made to the code.
Nice to have:
- Being a gamer and generally interested in the gaming industry.
- Familiarity with containerization solutions (such as Docker, Kubernetes, Helm).
- Familiarity with SQL & NoSQL databases Familiarity with asynchronous communication (such as RabbitMQ, PubSub, SQS).
- Experience with cloud-based solutions, microservice architecture.
For this role you can choose between a remote-first or office-first working mode.
- Office-First: working primarily from the Warsaw, Wroclaw, or Cracow studio for a minimum of 10 days per month.
- Remote-First: working from home - only in Poland.
Perks & Professional Growth
- Flexible working hours — start your workday anytime between 8:00 and 10:00 AM.
- A welcome pack filled with goodies — to help you feel right at home once you join the team.
- Trainings, lectures and courses — internal workshops, external training for each employee, ‘Meet a star’ events, knowledge-sharing initiatives, online tutorials, and e-learning classes are all available. There’s always something to learn!
- Merch — employee store discounts at CD PROJEKT RED Gear, gifts for newborn rebels and regular chances to nab some cool swag!
Health & Well-being
- Private medical healthcare — a selection of medical plans with dental care to choose from, which are also accessible for your partner and relatives.
- Support during COVID-19 — regular tests and COVID vaccinations at the studio as well as professional advice and guidance from a specialist doctor.
- Psychological care — free mental health support and various well-being webinars.
- Multisport card — gain access to a wide number of sporting and fitness facilities across the city.
Social Activities & Life in the Office
- Dog-friendly office — dog owner? Bring your pooch with you and look after them while working! There’s always a furry friend or two to meet at the studio.
- Social events — we host regular gatherings at the studio where we can all unwind, play games, and just have some fun together.
- Healthy selections — organic fruit, snacks, muesli, organic honey, vegan milk, and specialty coffee are all at your disposal around the studio. Enjoy!
- Truly international working environment — a chance to meet and work with a diverse selection of people from all around the world
Head office in Warsaw
- Sustainable campus with an eco ethos — solar panels provide green energy, 2000 plants and an air-filtering system to help provide clean air, electric car charging points, flower meadows, and more green features in the works.
- An onsite, well-equipped gym with a climbing wall and a personal trainer available every day and pilates classes.
- Car and bike parking spaces.
- A designated space for your bicycle, as well as bicycle repair equipment and showers available whenever you need them.
- No dress-code — we like to keep it casual.
- Relocation package – flight ticket, company apartment for your first month, relocating your pet, shipping your belongings: it’s all covered. Who said moving countries needs to be complicated?
- Relocation assistance — processing your legalization operations for you, assistance with finding residence, tax settlements, helping out with translations if needed, and much more — we have dedicated teams to help make sure that all you need to feel right at home is taken care of.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees — and for your spouse or partner, too.
- Paid Leave — from 20 to 26 days of holiday for every team member per year, paid sick leave, and paid maternity & paternity leave.