To create revolutionary, story-driven RPGs which go straight to the hearts of gamers — this is our mission. As a driven team of talented professionals from all around the globe, we want to earn our place as one of the world’s top video-game developers, push narrative boundaries, and build unforgettable stories that set and redefine the standards for the genre.
CD PROJEKT RED is currently looking for a talented and experienced Lighting Artist who is ready to work on the cutting edge of game graphics technology. This position requires a high level of artistry and mastery of tools to achieve the best lighting results in an open world game. If you are equally at ease communicating with both people and tech, join us!
- Creating dramatic and compelling lighting that supports photorealistic rendering.
- Using light to establish depth and layering in a scene while at the same time supporting the story and characters.
- Using light to enhance environmental storytelling.
- Deconstructing lighting and textures in a physically based renderer to establish appropriate color correct values.
- Keeping artistic style consistent with the defined visual style for the game.
- Collaborating and communicating constructively with Designers, Engineers and Technical Artists.
- Ensuring that all lighting deliverables are completed fully and in line with the production schedule.
- At least 3 years’ experience in the role of Lighting / Environment Artist on AAA games or the CGI industry.
- Excellent knowledge of lighting tools and pipelines.
- Excellent knowledge of direct and indirect light, luminance, color theory, and composition.
- Solid knowledge of the technical and performance limitations of real-time lighting.
- Self-driven to complete assigned tasks in a timely manner while maintaining a high level of quality.
- Ability to easily cooperate with others.
- Fluent English.
Perks & Professional Growth
- Flexible working hours — start your workday anytime between 8:00 and 10:00 AM.
- A welcome pack filled with goodies — to help you feel right at home once you join the team.
- Trainings, lectures and courses — internal workshops, external training for each employee, ‘Meet a star’ events, knowledge-sharing initiatives, online tutorials, and e-learning classes are all available. There’s always something to learn!
- Merch — employee store discounts at CD PROJEKT RED Gear, gifts for newborn rebels and regular chances to nab some cool swag!
Health & Well-being
- Private medical healthcare — a selection of medical plans with dental care to choose from, which are also accessible for your partner and relatives.
- Support during COVID-19 — regular tests and COVID vaccinations at the studio as well as professional advice and guidance from a specialist doctor.
- Psychological care — free mental health support and various well-being webinars.
- Multisport card — gain access to a wide number of sporting and fitness facilities across the city.
Social Activities & Life in the Office
- Dog-friendly office — dog owner? Bring your pooch with you and look after them while working! There’s always a furry friend or two to meet at the studio.
- Social events — we host regular gatherings at the studio where we can all unwind, play games, and just have some fun together.
- Healthy selections — organic fruit, snacks, muesli, organic honey, vegan milk, and specialty coffee are all at your disposal around the studio. Enjoy!
- Truly international working environment — a chance to meet and work with a diverse selection of people from all around the world.
- Sustainable campus with an eco ethos — solar panels provide green energy, 2000 plants and an air-filtering system to help provide clean air, electric car charging points, flower meadows, and more green features in the works.
- An onsite, well-equipped gym with a climbing wall and a personal trainer available every day and pilates classes.
- Car and bike parking spaces.
- A designated space for your bicycle, as well as bicycle repair equipment and showers available whenever you need them.
- Our studio library is stocked with around 1000 books and games for you to rent.
- No dress-code — we like to keep it casual.
- Relocation package – flight ticket, company apartment for your first month, relocating your pet, shipping your belongings: it’s all covered. Who said moving countries needs to be complicated?
- Relocation assistance — processing your legalization operations for you, assistance with finding residence, tax settlements, helping out with translations if needed, and much more — we have dedicated teams to help make sure that all you need to feel right at home is taken care of.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees — and for your spouse or partner, too.
- Paid Leave — from 20 to 26 days of holiday for every team member per year, paid sick leave, and paid maternity & paternity leave.