Lead Multiplayer Designer
- CDPR-approved remote locations / office-first, Poland, Poland, Poland
- Employees can work remotely
To create revolutionary, story-driven RPGs which go straight to the hearts of gamers — this is our mission. As a driven team of talented professionals from all around the globe, we want to earn our place as one of the world’s top video-game developers, push narrative boundaries, and build unforgettable stories that set and redefine the standards for the genre.
CD PROJEKT RED is looking for a Lead Multiplayer Designer to support The Molasses Flood development studio in their own ambitious project which is based on one of CD PROJEKT’s IPs. You will lead a team charged with creating engaging multiplayer gameplay features, game modes, and scenarios, driving them all from concept to implementation. You will also work collaboratively with the systems design, engineering, art, and production teams to make sure that the experiences your team creates are fun, engaging, and performant, and help to tell the story of the game. You will work with tech designers and tools engineers to ensure your team has all the tools they need to work happily and efficiently. The Lead Multiplayer Designer reports to the Design Director.
- Under the direction of the Design Director, oversee the work of designing and implementing gameplay modes from concept to finish.
- Ensure functional and visual consistency across all multiplayer experiences throughout the game.
- Keep clear and concise design documentation.
- Mentor and lead a team of designers, teaching best practices and principles, and guiding their growth as designers.
- Manage cross department communication and collaboration as it pertains to levels: work closely across disciplines in managing the prioritization, implementation, and scope of the game’s systems.
- Lead by example, taking on direct responsibility for creating functional multiplayer experiences.
- Prior experience shipping a core game featuring multiplayer, as a Senior or Lead Multiplayer Designer.
- Excellent knowledge of how to bring balance and fun to a multiplayer game experience.
- A strong technical background in scripting, visual or otherwise.
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- The ability to communicate fluently with engineering, art and production.
- Curiosity, kindness, and a positive and professional can-do attitude.
Nice to Haves
- Broad interest in all aspects of game design, from second-to-second combat to metagame and economy.
- Experience or interest in procedurally-generated levels.
- Strong UE4 experience.
- Design experience with systems heavy action games.
- Ability to read and understand C++.
For this role you can choose between a remote-first or office-first working mode.
- Office-First: working primarily from the Warsaw, Wroclaw, or Cracow studio for a minimum of 10 days per month.
- Remote-First: working from home, or from any location that is within 3 hours of the GMT+2 time zone.
Perks & Professional Growth
- Flexible working hours — start your workday anytime between 8:00 and 10:00 AM.
- A welcome pack filled with goodies — to help you feel right at home once you join the team.
- Trainings, lectures and courses — internal workshops, external training for each employee, ‘Meet a star’ events, knowledge-sharing initiatives, online tutorials, and e-learning classes are all available. There’s always something to learn!
- Merch — employee store discounts at CD PROJEKT RED Gear, gifts for newborn rebels and regular chances to nab some cool swag!
Health & Well-being
- Private medical healthcare — a selection of medical plans with dental care to choose from, which are also accessible for your partner and relatives.
- Support during COVID-19 — regular tests and COVID vaccinations at the studio as well as professional advice and guidance from a specialist doctor.
- Psychological care — free mental health support and various well-being webinars.
- Multisport card — gain access to a wide number of sporting and fitness facilities across the city.
Social Activities & Life in the Office
- Dog-friendly office — dog owner? Bring your pooch with you and look after them while working! There’s always a furry friend or two to meet at the studio.
- Social events — we host regular gatherings at the studio where we can all unwind, play games, and just have some fun together.
- Healthy selections — organic fruit, snacks, muesli, organic honey, vegan milk, and specialty coffee are all at your disposal around the studio. Enjoy!
- Truly international working environment — a chance to meet and work with a diverse selection of people from all around the world.
- Sustainable campus with an eco ethos — solar panels provide green energy, 2000 plants and an air-filtering system to help provide clean air, electric car charging points, flower meadows, and more green features in the works.
- An onsite, well-equipped gym with a climbing wall and a personal trainer available every day and pilates classes.
- Car and bike parking spaces.
- A designated space for your bicycle, as well as bicycle repair equipment and showers available whenever you need them.
- No dress-code — we like to keep it casual.
- Relocation package – flight ticket, company apartment for your first month, relocating your pet, shipping your belongings: it’s all covered. Who said moving countries needs to be complicated?
- Relocation assistance — processing your legalization operations for you, assistance with finding residence, tax settlements, helping out with translations if needed, and much more — we have dedicated teams to help make sure that all you need to feel right at home is taken care of.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees — and for your spouse or partner, too.
- Paid Leave — from 20 to 26 days of holiday for every team member per year, paid sick leave, and paid maternity & paternity leave.