(Senior) Software Engineer (C++) - Online/Multiplayer
To create revolutionary, story-driven RPGs which go straight to the hearts of gamers — this is our mission. As a driven team of talented professionals from all around the globe, we want to earn our place as one of the world’s top video-game developers, push narrative boundaries, and build unforgettable stories that set and redefine the standards for the genre.
We are looking for passionate Software Engineers to enhance our team working on an online gaming platform. Help us build tools and features for game developers, and enrich users with new gaming experience. Work arm in arm with the world best game developers, creating the best possible experience reaching millions of gamers.
- Design, develop and maintain a library, combining networking, gameplay and community features, used to deliver the best experience for millions of gamers.
- Propose, discuss and decide on an application architecture and technical stack used to deliver best and most efficient tooling for game developers.
- Support developers creating new games providing them the best quality tools posible, and working with them cooperatively.
- Bring and employ the best, proven practices from modernest C++ world.
- Implement performance measurements, testing strategies and optimizations.
- Work with other engineers in SCRUM, and be ready to share knowledge and mentor other team members.
- Stay abreast of emerging new technologies, research new tools and implement best practices.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies.
- Very good communication skills.
- Knowledge of system architectures and designs.
- Proficiency in C++ (at least C++11; C++17/20 is highly welcomed) with proven years of experience.
- Knowledge of software development best practices (version control, testing, CI/CD etc.) and C++ best practices.
- Basic Python knowledge.
- Knowledge of network protocols and communication (TCP, UDP, QUIC, HTTP, WebSockets).
- Understanding of network and server security issues; understanding of the client-server architecture, and p2p communication.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Passion for gaming, game services, and online communities.
- Good problem solving skills.
Nice to have:
- Experience in creating multi-platform software.
- Experience in programming for gaming consoles (Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo) and knowledge of platform-specific details.
- Experience with Unity3D or Unreal Engine.
- Knowledge of as many of the following as possible: multiplayer services in games, NAT busting, low-level network tools and diagnosis, VoIP, code optimization, networking performance measurements.
- Experience with any of the following tools: Conan, Jenkins, GitLab, Kubernetes.
- Experience with multithreaded programming, understanding of related issues and potential pitfalls
Perks & Professional Growth
- Flexible working hours — start your workday anytime between 8:00 and 10:00 AM.
- A welcome pack filled with goodies — to help you feel right at home once you join the team.
- Trainings, lectures and courses — internal workshops, external training for each employee, ‘Meet a star’ events, knowledge-sharing initiatives, online tutorials, and e-learning classes are all available. There’s always something to learn!
- Merch — employee store discounts at CD PROJEKT RED Gear, gifts for newborn rebels and regular chances to nab some cool swag!
Health & Well-being
- Private medical healthcare — a selection of medical plans with dental care to choose from, which are also accessible for your partner and relatives.
- Support during COVID-19 — regular tests and COVID vaccinations at the studio as well as professional advice and guidance from a specialist doctor.
- Psychological care — free mental health support and various well-being webinars.
- Multisport card — gain access to a wide number of sporting and fitness facilities across the city.
Social Activities & Life in the Office
- Dog-friendly office — dog owner? Bring your pooch with you and look after them while working! There’s always a furry friend or two to meet at the studio.
- Social events — we host regular gatherings at the studio where we can all unwind, play games, and just have some fun together.
- Healthy selections — organic fruit, snacks, muesli, organic honey, vegan milk, and specialty coffee are all at your disposal around the studio. Enjoy!
- Truly international working environment — a chance to meet and work with a diverse selection of people from all around the world
- Relocation package – flight ticket, company apartment for your first month, relocating your pet, shipping your belongings: it’s all covered. Who said moving countries needs to be complicated?
- Relocation assistance — processing your legalization operations for you, assistance with finding residence, tax settlements, helping out with translations if needed, and much more — we have dedicated teams to help make sure that all you need to feel right at home is taken care of.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees — and for your spouse or partner, too.
- Paid Leave — from 20 to 26 days of holiday for every team member per year, paid sick leave, and paid maternity & paternity leave.