- Warsaw, Poland
To create revolutionary, story-driven RPGs which go straight to the hearts of gamers — this is our mission. As a driven team of talented professionals from all around the globe, we want to earn our place as one of the world’s top video-game developers, push narrative boundaries, and build unforgettable stories that set and redefine the standards for the genre.
CD PROJEKT RED is looking for an exceptional, talented and experienced Cinematic Animator to join our team. The person in this position will be responsible for character animation in all kinds of narrative moments such as cutscenes, interactive scenes and open world content. You will be responsible for daily cooperation with the designers and other multi-disciplinary team members in order to create content for the game - from quest requirements, through mocap shoot, to finished animation.
You’re probably wondering what’s it like to be an animator at CD PROJEKT RED. Well, it’s refreshingly different! We’re giving animators a lot of freedom in terms of creativity – we have our own motion capture studio and animate everything in-house. You’ll have a shot not only at animating humanoids and animals, but also machines and creatures that are a real challenge to bring to life. At RED, every animator is responsible for a piece of the project, so you feel you’re a part of things. If you’ve been looking for a change, you just found it!
- Being a game developer first, thinking about how your animations are going to look and feel while playing the game.
- Holding responsibility for animations in a given part of the game and collaborating in a multi-disciplinary team to create the best player experience possible.
- Delivering work in accordance with the artistic direction of the project.
- Creating final, high quality narrative animation assets from scratch or motion capture footage.
- Collaborating on a daily basis with Animation Lead.
- Estimating the time required to carry out your own tasks and to meet deadlines.
- Being able to quickly draft animation to prove ideas.
- Providing knowledge and solutions for everyday problems.
- Sharing own experience and helping the less experienced members of the team.
- Documented at least 2 years of experience in animation working on games or in the film industry.
- An animation reel proving specialist level skillset with a clear explanation of what you did.
- Being able to work proactively in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Driving to receive, seek and provide constructive feedback.
- Ability to self-manage and make responsible decisions about time and project priorities.
- Solid knowledge of animation principles and eye for dynamic poses.
- Experience working with motion capture.
- Professional knowledge of Motion Builder and/or Maya.
- Outstanding creativity and very strong commitment to a project.
- Desire to create great games and passion for animation.
- Fluent level of English (spoken and written).
Nice to have:
(Please note that these skills are not required to apply for the position)
- Graduation in the field of animation (including animation courses).
- Having shipped AAA game title.
- A great understanding of what it means to be a game developer.
- Experience animating FACS systems.
- Experience working on open world games.
- Basic knowledge of working with animation in any game engine.
- Basic knowledge of scripting or programming.
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere.
- A chance to work in a booming industry, within an international team.
- Private health care.
- 24/7 gym for CDPR employees with a personal trainer on-site.
- 2 canteens, 5 fully equipped kitchens, fit vending machines, and various foodtrucks.
- Fresh fruit twice a week for everyone in the office, a wide choice of tea, fancy coffee machines, and a few types of milk. :)
- Free library with a wide range of games and books.
- Many social activities and parties.
- From 20 to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- A step by step assistance and ‘Relocation Package’ for foreigners willing to establish in Warsaw.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees.