- Warsaw, Poland
To create revolutionary, story-driven RPGs which go straight to the hearts of gamers — this is our mission. As a driven team of talented professionals from all around the globe, we want to earn our place as one of the world’s top video-game developers, push narrative boundaries, and build unforgettable stories that set and redefine the standards for the genre.
CD PROJEKT RED is looking for a Character Animator to support The Molasses Flood development studio in their own ambitious project which is based on one of CD PROJEKT’s IPs. As a Character Animator you will be bringing to life the exciting characters who inhabit the world of an upcoming game. You will be responsible for creating beautiful and believable character animations, taking them from concept through implementation.
This position is based in Warsaw and will require remote cooperation with The Molasses Flood Boston studio.
The Molasses Flood is a CD PROJEKT development studio located in the greater Boston area. It was founded by industry veterans in 2014, and since then have created The Flame in the Flood and Drake Hollow. The Molasses Flood is currently working on an ambitious and exciting new project and is growing their team across all departments.
- Create and export believable character animations for a variety of character types.
- Help to maintain the game art style and animation feel, as defined by the Art Director and project leads.
- Animation implementation in Unreal Engine 4.
- Testing, optimization and verification of your work.
- Tracking the progress of your assigned animation tasks and communicating any blockers.
- Proficiency in Maya.
- Demonstrate a strong animation skillset with a variety of character types, including humans, quadrupeds, environmental props and creatures.
- Excellent communication skills and English proficiency.
- Knowledgeable about current animation trends, tech, tools pipelines, and interdepartmental dependencies.
Nice to Have
(Please note that these skills are not required to apply for the position)
- Previous shipped titles.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4.
- Mocap experience or experience with Motion Builder.
- Video editing experience with Premier, After Effects or similar.
- Scripting experience (Mel, Python, or visual / Blueprint).
- Experience implementing or adding animations to state machines and adjusting blends.
- 2D animation experience.
- Rigging Experience.
- A chance to work on an upcoming, unannounced project.
- Overseas cooperation.
- A truly international working environment.
- Private health care.
- A dog-friendly office.
- Flexible working hours.
- From 20 to to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- A step by step assistance and ‘Relocation Package’ for foreigners willing to establish in Poland.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees.
Relocation to Warsaw is required.