Senior Quest Designer
- Warsaw, Poland
- Employees can work remotely
To create revolutionary, story-driven RPGs which go straight to the hearts of gamers — this is our mission. As a driven team of talented professionals from all around the globe, we want to earn our place as one of the world’s top video-game developers, push narrative boundaries, and build unforgettable stories that set and redefine the standards for the genre.
The Quest Design team is growing and we're looking for people focused on narrative-driven and emotional design, with visual scripting knowledge and a knack for directing complex projects. As a part of the Quest Design team you will have an opportunity to design, implement and direct your own stories in our worlds!
- Creating the storyline on a detailed level.
- Designing quests and implementing them using a proprietary toolset.
- Planning assets required for the creation of the quests.
- Cooperating with other departments.
- Integrating delivered assets (like gameplay elements, locations, characters, dialogue etc.) into a seamless, engaging and unique experience.
- Maintaining the highest possible quality of quests, and fixing reported bugs.
- Creating and maintaining design documentation.
- At least 6 years of experience working in a Quest or Mission Design position, with at least 1 AAA shipped title with strong narrative design elements.
- High creativity and excellent sense of narrative pacing.
- Proven high proficiency with writing scenarios, screenplays or short stories.
- Very high proficiency with visual scripting tools.
- Experience with game editors and game design tools.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Sense for designing in-game features as well as tools for efficient implementation.
- Ability to receive and apply feedback in a highly iterative environment.
- Proven ability to effectively work across teams involved in a game development lifecycle.
- Excellent communication skills & proven ability to work within a team.
- Experience with mentoring other designers and ability to deliver accurate feedback.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet production deadlines.
- Real passion for playing games (cRPGs or pen&paper role playing systems).
- Fluent English.
Nice to have:
(Please note that these skills are not required to apply for the position)
- Credited work on narrative field for movies, plays or books.
- Knowledge of Mike Pondsmith’s Cyberpunk and Andrzej Sapkowski's Witcher universes.
- Familiarity with cyberpunk and dark fantasy genres in games, movies and literature.
- Experience with narratives in multiplayer games.
Candidates for all Quest Design positions are kindly requested to provide portfolio/examples of the projects they did.
Perks & Professional Growth
- Flexible working hours — start your workday anytime between 8:00 and 10:00 AM.
- A welcome pack filled with goodies — to help you feel right at home once you join the team.
- Trainings, lectures and courses — internal workshops, external training for each employee, ‘Meet a star’ events, knowledge-sharing initiatives, online tutorials, and e-learning classes are all available. There’s always something to learn!
- Merch — employee store discounts at CD PROJEKT RED Gear, gifts for newborn rebels and regular chances to nab some cool swag!
Health & Well-being
- Private medical healthcare — a selection of medical plans with dental care to choose from, which are also accessible for your partner and relatives.
- Support during COVID-19 — regular tests and COVID vaccinations at the studio as well as professional advice and guidance from a specialist doctor.
- Psychological care — free mental health support and various well-being webinars.
- Multisport card — gain access to a wide number of sporting and fitness facilities across the city.
Social Activities & Life in the Office
- Dog-friendly office — dog owner? Bring your pooch with you and look after them while working! There’s always a furry friend or two to meet at the studio.
- Social events — we host regular gatherings at the studio where we can all unwind, play games, and just have some fun together.
- Healthy selections — organic fruit, snacks, muesli, organic honey, vegan milk, and specialty coffee are all at your disposal around the studio. Enjoy!
- Truly international working environment — a chance to meet and work with a diverse selection of people from all around the world.
- Sustainable campus with an eco ethos — solar panels provide green energy, 2000 plants and an air-filtering system to help provide clean air, electric car charging points, flower meadows, and more green features in the works.
- An onsite, well-equipped gym with a climbing wall and a personal trainer available every day and pilates classes.
- Car and bike parking spaces.
- A designated space for your bicycle, as well as bicycle repair equipment and showers available whenever you need them.
- Our studio library is stocked with around 1000 books and games for you to rent.
- No dress-code — we like to keep it casual.
- Relocation package – flight ticket, company apartment for your first month, relocating your pet, shipping your belongings: it’s all covered. Who said moving countries needs to be complicated?
- Relocation assistance — processing your legalization operations for you, assistance with finding residence, tax settlements, helping out with translations if needed, and much more — we have dedicated teams to help make sure that all you need to feel right at home is taken care of.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees — and for your spouse or partner, too.
- Paid Leave — from 20 to 26 days of holiday for every team member per year, paid sick leave, and paid maternity & paternity leave.