- Vancouver, BC, Canada
At CD PROJEKT RED Vancouver, our mission is to create world-class interactive entertainment experiences. Located in one of the biggest video game hubs in the world, Vancouver, Canada, we are an inclusive multi-national team of driven and talented professionals that fosters cross-disciplinary collaboration and honest conversations. We push gameplay boundaries. We build unforgettable narratives and stories. We make some of the best and most revered video games on the planet. Join us!
CD PROJEKT RED Vancouver is looking for an exceptional, talented and experienced Principal Animator to join our team. The person in this position will help create industry leading AAA characters and creature animation. Gameplay animators in our studio work very closely with Gameplay Designers, Programmers and Animation TDs.
You will be responsible for the creation of high quality key-frame and mocap animation assets, as well as implementation of animations into the game. You will also be responsible for understanding the animation pipeline and the processes involved from the conceptual phase to implementation and contributing ideas to support its improvement.
- At least 5 years of documented experience in video game animation or 5 years in film industry
- Very good knowledge of Motion Builder and/or Maya
- Expert knowledge of animation principles and an eye for dynamic poses
- Experience in both realistic and stylized animation for bipedal / quadruped characters and other organic and inorganic forms
- Experience working with motion capture technology including set up, acting and animation cleanup
- Ability to effectively collaborate with game designers and programmers
- Outstanding creativity and very strong commitment to a project
- Passion for games and animation
- Excellent communication skills: We have a multilingual and multicultural working environment and the ability to communicate across language and time zone barriers is essential
- Competitive salary with project-based bonuses
- Full health Benefits with an HSA account
- Responsible work-life balance with flexible hours and paid overtime
- 26 days of paid vacation per year
- A modern indie-style studio with a relaxed atmosphere working on high-budget AAA Games
- A chance to work in a booming industry within an international team
- Office located near transit and bike routes