- Vancouver, BC, Canada
At CD PROJEKT RED Vancouver, our mission is to create world-class interactive entertainment experiences. Located in one of the biggest video game hubs in the world, Vancouver, Canada, we are an inclusive multi-national team of driven and talented professionals that fosters cross-disciplinary collaboration and honest conversations. We push gameplay boundaries. We build unforgettable narratives and stories. We make some of the best and most revered video games on the planet. Join us!
CD PROJEKT RED Vancouver is looking for an experienced programmer to add to their team. The role involves design, implementation, optimization and maintenance of software used to create the best multiplatform AAA titles. It will require C++ coding as well as scripting skills.
You will be responsible for:
- Analysing development needs and challenges at all levels of the software stack, including tools.
- Formulating solutions, negotiating them with stakeholders, and implementing them.
- Collaborating with team members of various disciplines locally as well as remotely.
- Troubleshooting and bug fixing.
- Excellent knowledge of C++ coding principles and practices with at least 5+ years of professional experience
- 2+ years of experience in 3D game, embedded or real-time systems development
- Strong multi-threaded programming skills
- Excellent understanding of memory management
- Proficient use of standard algorithms and container libraries
- Excellent understanding of language internals (inheritance, virtual functions, operator overloading, templates, etc.)
- Proven ability to design and implement a key system from scratch
- Understanding of compilers and linkers
- Understanding of code performance and proven ability to optimise code
- Proven ability to debug other people's code
- Appreciation of the trade-off between code maintainability and cost
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for games or good understanding of gameplay mechanics
- Ability to work effectively in a team and independently when required
- Excellent communication skills: We have a multilingual and multicultural working environment and the ability to communicate across language and time zone barriers is essential.
- Competitive salary with project-based bonuses
- Full health Benefits with an HSA account
- Responsible work-life balance with flexible hours and paid overtime
- 26 days of paid vacation per year
- A modern indie-style studio with a relaxed atmosphere working on high-budget AAA Games
- A chance to work in a booming industry within an international team
- Office located near transit and bike routes