Visual Technical Artist (Shaders)
- Warsaw, Poland
To create revolutionary, story-driven RPGs which go straight to the hearts of gamers — this is our mission. As a driven team of talented professionals from all around the globe, we want to earn our place as one of the world’s top video-game developers, push narrative boundaries, and build unforgettable stories that set and redefine the standards for the genre.
As a Visual Technical Artist in CD PROJEKT RED, you will work across multiple cutting-edge AAA games. Your unique skillset & background will help shape the workflows of the future. We value ownership of the art & tech you create. You will grow together with other experienced developers in our Tech Art team and in the feature teams outside of it. There is space to share your passion - to give feedback, educate and inspire others.
- Writing shaders for materials, effects, cutscene-specific animations.
- Creating tools to improve our daily workflow.
- Optimizing the features to fit hardware performance constraints.
- Keeping documentation of your work easy to follow for art and code teams.
- Working experience in writing shaders or creating node-based materials.
- Programming skills (any relevant language: C#, C++, Python).
- Knowledge of game art pipelines
- Familiarity with any of the following: Substance Painter, Substance Designer, Blender, Maya, Houdini.
- Understanding & being able to optimize for games performance limitations.
Nice to have:
(Please note that these skills are not required to apply for the position)
- HLSL / GLSL.
- Working experience in Unreal Engine or Unity.
- Code quality skills: data structures, optimization.
- Experience in 3D art or tech (rendering) background in games.
- Experience in profiling (RenderDoc, PIX).
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere.
- A chance to work in a booming industry, within an international team.
- Private health care.
- 24/7 gym for CDPR employees with a personal trainer on-site.
- Fresh fruit twice a week for everyone in the office, a wide choice of tea, fancy coffee machines, and a few types of milk. :)
- Free library with a wide range of games and books.
- Many social activities and parties.
- From 20 to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- A step by step assistance and ‘Relocation Package’ for foreigners willing to establish in Warsaw.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees.