Senior Level Artist
- Kraków, Poland
To create revolutionary, story-driven RPGs which go straight to the hearts of gamers — this is our mission. As a driven team of talented professionals from all around the globe, we want to earn our place as one of the world’s top video-game developers, push narrative boundaries, and build unforgettable stories that set and redefine the standards for the genre.
CD PROJEKT RED is currently looking for a talented Senior Level Artist to join our Environment Art team in Kraków to work on our next project. As a Senior Environment Level Artist, you will be making use of your compositional skills by creating buildings and interiors while breathing life into the surroundings by environmental storytelling through prop placement to create a wide range of immersive, engaging and artistically stunning environments.
- Participating in the creation of concepts and plans for locations/levels in AAA projects.
- Cooperating with the Art Director and Art Leads to maintain artistic consistency and vision for the game while building stellar levels and scenes.
- Creating beautiful game worlds.
- Creating strong environment storytelling with set dressing.
- Mentoring and helping the team to achieve artistic goals.
- Collaborating effectively with other teams which are closely connected in the world building process.
- Maintaining production and optimization pipeline.
- Meeting deadlines.
- Putting finishing touches on locations and cutscenes with existing meshes and decals.
- Creating immersive lighting & environmental effects would be a big plus!
- At least 6 years of experience working in the video games industry on at least one AAA title.
- Great sense of scale, proportions, composition.
- Good knowledge about color theory and basic lighting techniques.
- Knowledge of physically based rendering (PBR).
- Creativity and an excellent eye for detail.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Self-planning and organization.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Fluent English.
- Passion for games.
Artists should enclose a portfolio or link to an online portfolio to their application.
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere.
- A chance to work in a booming industry within an international team.
- Fresh fruit twice a week for everyone in the office, a wide choice of tea, fancy coffee machines and fit vending machines.
- Free library with a wide range of games and books.
- Many social activities and parties.
- Private healthcare & card to many sports clubs
- From 20 to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- An exciting chance to work with the developers of one of the most acclaimed role-playing games in recent history.