Senior Quest Designer
- Warsaw, Poland
To create revolutionary, story-driven RPGs which go straight to the hearts of gamers — this is our mission. As a driven team of talented professionals from all around the globe, we want to earn our place as one of the world’s top video-game developers, push narrative boundaries, and build unforgettable stories that set and redefine the standards for the genre.
The Quest Design team is growing and we're looking for people focused on narrative-driven and emotional design, with visual scripting knowledge and a knack for directing complex projects. As a part of the Quest Design team you will have an opportunity to design, implement and direct your own stories in our worlds!
- Creating the storyline on a detailed level.
- Designing quests and implementing them using a proprietary toolset.
- Planning assets required for the creation of the quests.
- Cooperating with other departments.
- Integrating delivered assets (like gameplay elements, locations, characters, dialogue etc.) into a seamless, engaging and unique experience.
- Maintaining the highest possible quality of quests, and fixing reported bugs.
- Creating and maintaining design documentation.
- At least 6 years of experience working in a Quest or Mission Design position, with at least 1 AAA shipped title with strong narrative design elements.
- High creativity and excellent sense of narrative pacing.
- Proven high proficiency with writing scenarios, screenplays or short stories.
- Very high proficiency with visual scripting tools.
- Experience with game editors and game design tools.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Sense for designing in-game features as well as tools for efficient implementation.
- Ability to receive and apply feedback in a highly iterative environment.
- Proven ability to effectively work across teams involved in a game development lifecycle.
- Excellent communication skills & proven ability to work within a team.
- Experience with mentoring other designers and ability to deliver accurate feedback.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet production deadlines.
- Real passion for playing games (cRPGs or pen&paper role playing systems).
- Fluent English.
Nice to have:
(Please note that these skills are not required to apply for the position)
- Credited work on narrative field for movies, plays or books.
- Knowledge of Mike Pondsmith’s Cyberpunk and Andrzej Sapkowski's Witcher universes.
- Familiarity with cyberpunk and dark fantasy genres in games, movies and literature.
- Experience with narratives in multiplayer games.
Candidates for all Quest Design positions are kindly requested to provide portfolio/examples of the projects they did.
As a part of the recruitment process, a candidate for a Quest Designer is always asked to perform a test – design and implement quest with a specific number of requirements. Those are provided when the candidate decides to start a testing procedure and it has to be delivered on time in one of the following engines: RED kit, Skyrim Creation Kit, Aurora or Shadowrun.
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere.
- A chance to work in a booming industry, within an international team.
- 24/7 gym for CDPR employees with personal trainer on-site.
- Private health care & Multisport card.
- 2 canteens, fully equipped kitchens, fresh fruit every week for everyone in the office, a wide choice of tea, fancy coffee machines and several types of milk :)
- Free library with a wide range of games and books.
- Many social activities and parties.
- A dog-friendly office.
- From 20 to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- Step by step assistance and a ‘Relocation Package’ for new staff willing to relocate to Poland.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees.