- Wrocław, Poland
To create revolutionary, story-driven RPGs which go straight to the hearts of gamers — this is our mission. As a driven team of talented professionals from all around the globe, we want to earn our place as one of the world’s top video-game developers, push narrative boundaries, and build unforgettable stories that set and redefine the standards for the genre.
CD PROJEKT RED is looking for an experienced, talented and creative Level Designer to join our team. The person in this position will be responsible for preparing sketches and maps for mission-based locations, constructing levels in the editor with existing meshes and tools, and also for creating and balancing memorable combat encounters that will thrill and excite our players. If you are ready to take on such a challenge, don’t hesitate and apply! :)
- Designing, prototyping, iterating on and polishing in-game levels, including level geometry, enemy encounters and other gameplay elements, using our proprietary level editor.
- Crafting unique spaces where gameplay flow and visual composition form memorable experiences.
- Developing and working within predefined level metrics.
- Working closely with other teams to ensure created levels contribute to and enhance the gameplay and game narrative.
- Cooperating closely with Designers, Artists and Programmers to ensure the highest possible quality of encounters.
- Proactively suggesting improvements to gameplay systems and principles.
- At least 3 years’ experience as a Level Designer or in a similar role.
- Experience with game editors and/or 3D packages.
- Extensive knowledge of current titles, specifically in the Action/RPG genre, as well as works of art, such as movies, architecture or visual arts, to be used as reference for crafting and communicating original ideas.
- Excellent understanding of level design fundamentals and the role of level design in the overall player experience.
- Ability to create map layouts on all stages – from simple drawings to fully functional levels in at least one of the existing game engines.
- Ability to use all elements of the game world, including level geometry, texturing, lighting, sound and VFX to craft unique player experiences.
- Excellent communication skills & proven ability to work within a team.
- Fluent English.
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere.
- A chance to work in a booming industry, within an international team.
- Private health care.
- Multisport card.
- Free library with a wide range of games and books.
- Many social activities and parties.
- A dog-friendly office.
- Fresh fruit twice a week for everyone in the office, a wide choice of tea, fancy coffee machines and a few types of milk