Intern Cinematic Animator
- Kraków, Poland
To create revolutionary, story-driven RPGs which go straight to the hearts of gamers — this is our mission. As a driven team of talented professionals from all around the globe, we want to earn our place as one of the world’s top video-game developers, push narrative boundaries, and build unforgettable stories that set and redefine the standards for the genre.
CD PROJEKT RED is looking for an exceptional and talented Intern Animator to join our team. A person in this position will learn how to create a character animation in all kinds of narrative moments such as cutscenes, interactive scenes and open world content. You will be cooperating with the designers on a daily basis as well as learning from other team members how to create games - from quest requirements, through mocap shoot, to finished animation.
- Learning how to be a game developer first, thinking about what our animations are going to look and feel like while playing the game.
- Creating animations to a given part of the game and collaborating in a multi-disciplinary team to create the best player experience possible.
- Delivering work in accordance with the artistic direction of the project.
- Learning to create high quality narrative animation assets from scratch or motion capture footage with help from other team members.
- Collaborating on a daily basis with Animation Lead.
- Discussing the estimated time required to carry out your own tasks and to meet deadlines.
- Learning to quickly draft animation to prove ideas.
- Learning from the most experienced members of the team and putting your own input as your qualifications grow with time.
- No industry experience is required.
- An animation reel containing personal shots demonstrating adequate key-frame animation skills, preferably done on animation courses or in art school.
- Proficiency in a 3D animation software package like Maya.
- Desire to create great games and a passion for animation.
- Collaboration with other people and being open to learning.
- Fluent level of English (spoken and written).
Nice to have:
(Please note that these skills are not required to apply for the position)
Finished or participated in animation courses or workshops.
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere.
- A chance to work in a booming industry, within an international team.
- Private health care and Multisport card.
- Fully equipped kitchens and fit vending machines.
- Fresh fruit twice a week for everyone in the office, a wide choice of tea, fancy coffee machines, and a few types of milk. :)
- Free library with a wide range of games and books.
- Many social activities and parties.
- Dog friendly office.
- From 20 to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- Step-by-step assistance and ‘Relocation Package’ for foreigners willing to establish in Warsaw.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees.