Visual Technical Artist (Houdini)
- Warsaw, Poland
To create revolutionary, story-driven RPGs which go straight to the hearts of gamers — this is our mission. As a driven team of talented professionals from all around the globe, we want to earn our place as one of the world’s top video-game developers, push narrative boundaries, and build unforgettable stories that set and redefine the standards for the genre.
As a Visual Technical Artist in CD Projekt RED, you will work across multiple cutting-edge AAA games. Your unique skillset & background will help shape the workflows of the future. We value ownership of the art & tech you create. You will grow together with other experienced developers in our Tech Art team and in the feature teams outside of it. There is space to share your passion - to give feedback, educate and inspire others.
- Creating simulations & procedural geometry in Houdini.
- Creating Houdini Digital Assets, then implementing them in game pipelines.
- Working independently & in a team consisting of different departments (feature teams).
- Optimization of the results to fit game performance constraints.
- Educating teammates about your knowledge area.
- Good understanding of Houdini procedural modelling, content creation.
- Experience with particles, destruction, simulation.
Nice to have:
(Please note that these skills are not required to apply for the position)
- Programming in Python and VEX.
- Knowledge of game VFX workflows (particle systems, game engines).
- Experience with exchanging data with game engines (models, textures, simulations).
- Understanding & being able to optimize for games performance limitations.
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere.
- A chance to work in a booming industry, within an international team.
- Private health care.
- 24/7 gym for CDPR employees with a personal trainer on-site.
- Fresh fruit twice a week for everyone in the office, a wide choice of tea, fancy coffee machines, and a few types of milk. :)
- Free library with a wide range of games and books.
- Many social activities and parties.
- From 20 to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- A step by step assistance and ‘Relocation Package’ for foreigners willing to establish in Warsaw.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees.