Software Engineer - C++ [desktop]
- Warsaw, Poland
To create revolutionary, story-driven RPGs which go straight to the hearts of gamers — this is our mission. As a driven team of talented professionals from all around the globe, we want to earn our place as one of the world’s top video-game developers, push narrative boundaries, and build unforgettable stories that set and redefine the standards for the genre
We are looking for a talented engineer that will strengthen our Online Services team at CD Projekt RED. As a Software Engineer specializing in desktop applications written in C++, you will be working on a RED Launcher, preloader for games developed at our company. You will be involved in identifying bugs, introducing new features, suggesting improvements and refactors of an application that is already being used by quite a lot of gamers around the world.
- Design and develop features of a desktop application, combining client-facing functionalities and networking.
- Implement performance measurements, testing strategies, and optimizations.
- Understand the high level product requirements and actively propose technical solutions.
- Have a word in decision about application architecture and technical stack used to deliver best user experience on each platform.
- Work with other engineers in SCRUM framework.
- Stay abreast of emerging new technologies, research new tools and implement best practices.
- Cooperate with product owners, designers, QA and engineers from other departments as well as teams responsible for backend services.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies.
- Very good communication skills.
- Deep knowledge of C++ and relevant experience.
- At least basic knowledge of Python.
- Experience with the client-server architecture.
- Experience in developing desktop applications, preferably on various platforms (Windows, MacOS, Linux).
- Knowledge of software development best practices (version control, testing, deployment, code reviews, clean code etc.).
- Knowledge of system architecture and design.
- Knowledge of network protocols and communication (TCP, UDP, HTTP).
- Sound command of English.
Nice to have
- Experience with Qt library.
- Knowledge of CMake and bash scripting.
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere.
- A chance to work in a booming industry, within an international team.
- Private health care.
- 24/7 gym for CDPR employees with personal trainer on-site.
- Numerous social activities and gatherings.
- From 20 to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- Step by step assistance and ‘Relocation Package’ for new staff willing to relocate to Poland.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees
- Free library with wide range of games and books.