Software Engineer - C++ [desktop]
- Warsaw, Poland
To create revolutionary, story-driven RPGs which go straight to the hearts of gamers — this is our mission. As a driven team of talented professionals from all around the globe, we want to earn our place as one of the world’s top video-game developers, push narrative boundaries, and build unforgettable stories that set and redefine the standards for the genre
- Design and develop features of a desktop application, combining client-facing functionalities and networking.
- Implement performance measurements, testing strategies, and optimizations.
- Understand the high level product requirements and actively propose technical solutions.
- Have a word in decision about application architecture and technical stack used to deliver best user experience on each platform.
- Work with other engineers in SCRUM framework.
- Stay abreast of emerging new technologies, research new tools and implement best practices.
- Cooperate with product owners, designers, QA and engineers from other departments as well as teams responsible for backend services.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies.
- Very good communication skills.
- Deep knowledge of C++ and relevant experience.
- At least basic knowledge of Python.
- Experience with the client-server architecture.
- Experience in developing desktop applications, preferably on various platforms (Windows, MacOS, Linux).
- Knowledge of software development best practices (version control, testing, deployment, code reviews, clean code etc.).
- Knowledge of system architecture and design.
- Knowledge of network protocols and communication (TCP, UDP, HTTP).
- Sound command of English.
Nice to have
- Experience with Qt library.
- Knowledge of CMake and bash scripting.
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere.
- A chance to work in a booming industry, within an international team.
- Private health care.
- 24/7 gym for CDPR employees with personal trainer on-site.
- Numerous social activities and gatherings.
- From 20 to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- Step by step assistance and ‘Relocation Package’ for new staff willing to relocate to Poland.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees
- Free library with wide range of games and books:)