- Boston, MA, USA
The Molasses Flood is an independent game development studio located in the greater Boston area. We were founded by industry veterans in 2014, and since then have created The Flame in the Flood and Drake Hollow. We’re currently working on an ambitious and exciting new project and are growing our team across all departments. We value every voice on the team, open communication and transparency, and run a studio based on mutual respect and kindness between all members and levels of the team. If this sounds like the type of team you’d like to be a part of, we encourage you to apply. If you require any specific accommodations as part of our application process, please let us know so we can try to provide for your needs.
The Molasses Flood is looking for an IT Administrator to help move the studio into the next phase of growth and success. The person in this role will collaborate with both internal game developers and studio management, as well as external IT teams, to maintain studio IT systems and hardware that are secure, scalable and meet the company’s performance parameters. We’re entering an exciting new chapter in our development, and would love for you to help shape the way we grow!
This is a full-time salaried position at our office in Boston, Massachusetts. Relocation assistance is available within the US.
- Installation, administration and troubleshooting for Microsoft Windows and Linux server systems.
- Design, implementation and management of virtual environments based on virtualization by VMware.
- Managing DHCP, DNS, SMTP, AD services.
- Network infrastructure management (LAN, WAN).
- Cooperation with the Helpdesk and DevOps departments in the field of advanced technical support.
- Design and implementation of solutions in accordance with the documentation.
- Providing support to End Users through all available channels to ensure the highest level of service quality.
- Troubleshooting IT related problems – Hardware and Software.
- Managing IT equipment inventory.
- Work with HR and Office Management personnel for new hire onboarding IT needs.
- Research and propose process improvements and system upgrades.
- 5+ years experience in IT operations.
- Experience with Windows and Linux server systems, MacOS, and GSuite products.
- Experience collaborating with onsite/offsite teams.
- Successful change management and process improvement experience.
- Ability to work independently, with or without supervision or set priorities.
- Current practical, hands-on experience with modern tech stacks and architectures.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Candidates must have a US work permit or citizenship
- Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, and 401k matching
- Flexible schedule: office days are Tuesday and Thursday. Remaining days are “work where you want” days
- Bonus plan
- Many opportunities for advancement as our team grows and takes on new challenges and multiple projects