- Boston, MA, USA
The Molasses Flood is a CD PROJEKT development studio located in the greater Boston area. We were founded by industry veterans in 2014, and since then have created The Flame in the Flood and Drake Hollow. We’re currently working on an ambitious and exciting new project and are growing our team across all departments. We value every voice on the team, open communication and transparency, and run a studio based on mutual respect and kindness between all members and levels of the team. If this sounds like the type of team you’d like to be a part of, we encourage you to apply. If you require any specific accommodations as part of our application process, please let us know so we can try to provide for your needs.
The Molasses Flood is looking for an Environment Artist to help us bring the exciting world
of our upcoming stylized game to life. You will be responsible for modeling and texturing
stylized 3D environment assets as well as helping to set decorate and build out the world.
This is a full-time salaried position at our office in the greater Boston area. Relocation
assistance is available within the US.
● Create high quality, stylized, 3d Models for architecture, nature, and props, taking
them through the modeling, texturing, and baking pipeline
● Set dressing and world building in engine
● Work with the art director and leads to ensure artistic unity across the game and help
develop the world from prototype to final art
● Collaborate with everyone on the team in achieving the overall vision of the game
- Candidates must have a US work permit or citizenship.
- Strong portfolio showing stylized high & low poly modeling, texturing, and shader skills that demonstrate a high level of artistic creativity and technical ability.
- A high level of proficiency in tools for modeling (3dsMax, Maya, Blender or equivalent) and PBR texturing and materials (Photoshop, Substance Designer/Painter Marvelous Designer, or equivalents).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledgeable about current environment art trends, modeling and texturing technologies, tools pipelines, performance trade-offs, and interdepartmental dependencies.
Nice to Haves
- Experience shipping a game
- Unreal Engine 4 Experience
- Strong foundation in traditional art
- A high level of proficiency in tools for sculpting (Z-Brush, Mudbox or equivalent)
- Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, and 401k matching
- Flexible schedule: office days are Tuesday and Thursday. Remaining days are “work where you want” days
- Bonus plan
- Many opportunities for advancement as our team grows and takes on new challenges and multiple projects
The Molasses Flood is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to embracing and celebrating diverse thoughts and backgrounds throughout our organization. Employment at The Molasses Flood is based on ability – not an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses, reproductive health decisions, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.