Senior Quest Designer
- Warsaw, Poland
To create revolutionary, story-driven RPGs which go straight to the hearts of gamers — this is our mission. As a driven team of talented professionals from all around the globe, we want to earn our place as one of the world’s top video-game developers, push narrative boundaries, and build unforgettable stories that set and redefine the standards for the genre.
- Creating the storyline on a detailed level.
- Designing quests and implementing them using a proprietary toolset.
- Planning assets required for the creation of the quests.
- Cooperating with other departments.
- Integrating delivered assets (like gameplay elements, locations, characters, dialogue etc.) into a seamless, engaging and unique experience.
- Maintaining the highest possible quality of quests, and fixing reported bugs.
- Creating and maintaining design documentation.
- At least 6 years of experience working in a Quest or Mission Design position, with at least 1 AAA shipped title with strong narrative design elements.
- High creativity and excellent sense of narrative pacing.
- Proven high proficiency with writing scenarios, screenplays or short stories.
- Very high proficiency with visual scripting tools.
- Experience with game editors and game design tools.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Sense for designing in-game features as well as tools for efficient implementation.
- Ability to receive and apply feedback in a highly iterative environment.
- Proven ability to effectively work across teams involved in a game development lifecycle.
- Excellent communication skills & proven ability to work within a team.
- Experience with mentoring other designers and ability to deliver accurate feedback.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet production deadlines.
- Real passion for playing games (cRPGs or pen&paper role playing systems).
- Fluent English.
Nice to have
- Credited work on narrative field for movies, plays or books.
- Knowledge of Mike Pondsmith’s Cyberpunk and Andrzej Sapkowski's Witcher universes.
- Familiarity with cyberpunk and dark fantasy genres in games, movies and literature.
- Experience with narratives in multiplayer games.
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere.
- A chance to work in a booming industry, within an international team.
- Private health care.
- 24/7 gym for CDPR employees with personal trainer on-site and a Multisport card.
- 2 canteens, 5 fully equipped kitchens, fit vending machines and various foodtrucks.
- Fresh fruit twice a week for everyone in the office, a wide choice of tea, fancy coffee machines and a few types of milk :)
- Free library with wide range of games and books.
- Many social activities and parties.
- A dog-friendly office.
- From 20 to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- Step by step assistance and a ‘Relocation Package’ for new staff willing to relocate to Poland.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees.
Candidates for all Quest Design positions are kindly requested to provide portfolio/examples of the projects they did.
As a part of the recruitment process, a candidate for a Quest Designer is always asked to perform a test – design and implement quest with a specific number of requirements. Those are provided when the candidate decides to start a testing procedure and it has to be delivered on time in one of the following engines: RED kit, Skyrim Creation Kit, Aurora or Shadowrun.