Senior Technical Animator
- Warsaw, Poland
To create revolutionary, story-driven RPGs which go straight to the hearts of gamers — this is our mission. As a driven team of talented professionals from all around the globe, we want to earn our place as one of the world’s top video-game developers, push narrative boundaries, and build unforgettable stories that set and redefine the standards for the genre.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Animator to join the Gameplay Animation team. Working tightly with Animators, Riggers, Coders and Designers, the person in this position is responsible for the animation part of gameplay mechanics. That includes in-game implementation, optimization, maintenance, debugging and setting assets requirements, in order to reach the best looking visual results.
You’re probably wondering what it's like to be an animator at CD PROJEKT RED. Well, it’s refreshingly different! We’re giving our animators a lot of freedom in terms of creativity – we have our own motion capture studio and animate everything in-house. You’ll have a shot not only at animating humanoids and animals, but also machines and creatures that are a real challenge to bring to life. At RED, every animator is responsible for a piece of the project, so you feel you’re a a part of things. If you’ve been looking for change, you just found it!
- In-game implementation and optimization of gameplay animation features and assets in cooperation with Gameplay Animators and Designers.
- Developing and improving in-game animation systems and tools in cooperation with Animation Programmers.
- Prototyping the visual part of new gameplay mechanics in cooperation with Gameplay Animators and Designers.
- Animation assets updates using Maya, MotionBuilder or Python batch tools.
- Participation in Motion Capture sessions in order to keep the acting performance within the gameplay requirements.
- Establishing and maintaining animation workflow, folders, naming conventions, and engine-related structures.
- At least 3 years of experience on a similar position.
- Good communication and problem solving skills.
- Shipped titles and/or own prototypes and researches in one of the major game engines.
- Knowledge of next-gen game animation systems architecture.
- Animation graphs techniques - State machines, Blend Trees, Blendspaces and Procedural Animation constructions.
- Experience with keyframe animation and motion capture data, animation principles and body mechanics.
- Basic knowledge of Coding and/or Scripting. (C++, C#, Python), to be able to read and update game code and scripts.
- Passion for making games.
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere.
- A chance to work in a booming industry, within an international team.
- Private health care.
- 24/7 gym for CDPR employees with personal trainer on-site.
- 2 canteens, 5 fully equipped kitchens, fit vending machines and various foodtrucks.
- Fresh fruit twice a week for everyone in the office, a wide choice of tea, fancy coffee machines and 7 types of milk :)
- Free library with wide range of games and books.
- Many social activities and parties.
- From 20 to to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- A step by step assistance and ‘Relocation Package’ for foreigners willing to establish in Warsaw.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees.