Junior/Specialist Quest Designer
- Warsaw, Poland
To create revolutionary, story-driven RPGs which go straight to the hearts of gamers — this is our mission. As a driven team of talented professionals from all around the globe, we want to earn our place as one of the world’s top video-game developers, push narrative boundaries, and build unforgettable stories that set and redefine the standards for the genre.
We consider applicants for both Junior and Specialist role, the level will be assessed during the recruitment process.
- Creating the storyline on a detailed level.
- Designing quests and implementing them using a proprietary toolset.
- Planning assets required for the creation of the quests.
- Cooperating with other departments.
- Integrating delivered assets (like gameplay elements, locations, characters, dialogue etc.) into a seamless, engaging and unique experience.
- Maintaining the highest possible quality of quests, and fixing reported bugs.
- Creating and maintaining design documentation.
For the Junior position:
- Creativity and thousands of ideas on how the story should be presented in the game.
- A real passion for playing games (cRPGs or pen & paper role-playing systems).
- Broad interest in culture and pop culture (literature, cinema, etc.)
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet production deadlines.
- Fluent English.
- Excellent communication skills & ability to effectively work across teams involved in a game development lifecycle.
- Experience in modding games (cRPGs and sandbox games preferred) would be a plus.
- Knowledge of any game editor (most commonly used: RED kit, Shadowrun, Divinity: Original Sin, etc)
For the Specialist position (same as for a Junior plus more below):
- Experience working on a Quest or Mission Design position, with at least 1 shipped title with a strong narrative and quest/mission design elements.
- Knowledge about game editors and game design tools.
- Proven experience with comparable visual scripting tools.
- Creativity and a good sense of narrative pacing.
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere.
- A chance to work in a booming industry, within an international team.
- Private health care (Enel Med, Medicover or Lux Med).
- 24/7 gym for CDPR employees with personal trainer on-site and a Multisport card.
- 2 canteens, 5 fully equipped kitchens, fit vending machines and various foodtrucks.
- Fresh fruit twice a week for everyone in the office, a wide choice of tea, fancy coffee machines and a few types of milk :)
- Free library with wide range of games and books.
- Many social activities and parties.
- A dog-friendly office.
- From 20 to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- Step by step assistance and a ‘Relocation Package’ for new staff willing to relocate to Poland.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees.
Candidates for all Quest Design positions are kindly requested to provide portfolio/examples of the projects they did.
As a part of the recruitment process, a candidate for a Quest Designer is always asked to perform a test – design and implement quest with a specific number of requirements. Those are provided when the candidate decides to start a testing procedure and it has to be delivered on time in one of the following engines: RED kit, Skyrim Creation Kit, Aurora or Shadowrun.