Senior Gameplay Animator
- Warsaw, Poland
To create revolutionary, story-driven RPGs which go straight to the hearts of gamers — this is our mission. As a driven team of talented professionals from all around the globe, we want to earn our place as one of the world’s top video-game developers, push narrative boundaries, and build unforgettable stories that set and redefine the standards for the genre.
CD PROJEKT RED is looking for an exceptional, talented and experienced Gameplay Animator to join our team. The person on this position will be responsible for character and creature animation as well as for animations of other in-game objects. Gameplay animators in our company work very closely with Gameplay Designers, Programmers, and Animation TDs so technical and implementation knowledge is crucial. You will also be responsible for the preparation of mocap materials, their dynamics, and overall quality as well as for the implementation of animations into the game.
- Creating high quality animation assets with low turnover time.
- Reporting animation wip’s and doubts to the Animation Lead.
- Solving everyday problems while thinking creatively and globally.
- Understanding of animation pipeline and the processes involved from the conceptual phase to implementation.
- Preparing keyframe animation assets.
- Preparing mocap materials.
- At least 4 years of documented experience in video game animation or 3 years in film industry.
- Very good knowledge of Motion Builder and / or Maya.
- Preferred graduation in the field of animation including animation courses.
- Solid knowledge of animation principles and an eye for dynamic poses.
- Experience in animation bipedal / quadruped characters and other organic and inorganic forms.
- Experience working with motion capture technology including set up, acting and animation cleanup.
- The ability to effectively collaborate with game designers and programmers.
- Outstanding creativity and very strong commitment to a project.
- Passion for games and in general for animation.
You’re probably wondering what’s it like to be an animator at CD PROJEKT RED. Well, it’s refreshingly different! We’re giving our animators a lot of freedom in terms of creativity – we have our own motion capture studio and animate everything in-house. You’ll have a shot not only at animating humanoids and animals, but also machines and creatures that are a real challenge to bring to life. At RED, every animator is responsible for a piece of the project, so you feel you’re a a part of things. If you’ve been looking for change, you just found it!
We offer you:
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere.
- A chance to work in a booming industry, within an international team.
- Private health care.
- 24/7 gym for CDPR employees with personal trainer on-site.
- 2 canteens, 5 fully equipped kitchens, fit vending machines and various foodtrucks.
- Fresh fruit twice a week for everyone in the office, a wide choice of tea, fancy coffee machines and 7 types of milk :)
- Free library with wide range of games and books.
- Many social activities and parties.
- From 20 to to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- A step by step assistance and ‘Relocation Package’ for foreigners willing to establish in Warsaw.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees.