Junior Backend Developer
- Warsaw, Poland
To create revolutionary, story-driven RPGs which go straight to the hearts of gamers — this is our mission. As a driven team of talented professionals from all around the globe, we want to earn our place as one of the world’s top video-game developers, push narrative boundaries, and build unforgettable stories that set and redefine the standards for the genre.
We are looking for talented and ambitious individuals to join one of the GWENT cross-functional squads. As a Junior Backend Developer, you will be responsible for creating and improving GWENT backend services. You will work together with the squad on improving and introducing new features for GWENT. If you are willing to learn and constantly push yourself to improve, don’t hesitate and send us your application!
- Developing new features for GWENT backend services.
- Debugging and bug fixing.
- Working together with the squad to achieve Scrum team goals.
- Learning from experienced coworkers both technical skills and gamedev business domain.
- Writing well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
- Staying abreast of best trends by researching new tools, as well as enhancing and further developing existing solutions.
- Experience shipping public APIs for commercial or community projects.
- Attention to detail and strive for quality.
- Good knowledge of PHP.
- Good knowledge of Symfony framework.
- Knowledge of MySQL databases.
- Basic Linux knowledge.
- Understanding of automated software testing.
- Ability to easily communicate in English.
Nice to have:
- Frontend programming: ReactJS knowledge.
- Familiarity with modern backend technologies (microservice architecture, REST, Docker, RabbitMQ).
- Experience with work in an agile environment.
- Passion for gaming, game services, and online communities.
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere.
- A chance to work in a booming industry, within an international team.
- Private health care.
- 24/7 gym for CDPR employees with personal trainer on-site.
- 2 canteens, 5 fully equipped kitchens, fit vending machines and various foodtrucks.
- Fresh fruit twice a week for everyone in the office, a wide choice of tea, fancy coffee machines and 7 types of milk :)
- Free library with wide range of games and books.
- Many social activities and parties.
- From 20 to to 26 days of paid vacation per year.