- Vancouver, BC, Canada
At CD PROJEKT RED Vancouver, our mission is to create world-class interactive entertainment experiences.
Located in one of the biggest video game hubs in the world, Vancouver, Canada, we are an inclusive multi-national team of driven and talented professionals that fosters cross-disciplinary collaboration and honest conversations studio-wide.
We push gameplay boundaries. We build unforgettable narratives and stories. We make some of the best and most revered video games on the planet. Join us!
As a Game Programmer at CD PROJEKT RED Vancouver, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, optimizing, and maintaining our technology to create the best multiplatform AAA RPGs. In this position, you will cooperate with designers and with other programmers to build the tech that drives our games.
- Supporting and extending engine and game systems.
- Debugging and bug fixing.
- Working with others to achieve team goals.
- Writing high-quality code and testing it in the game.
- Reviewing other programmers’ code.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in C++.
- Excellent knowledge of C++ coding principles and practices.
- Knowledge of game engine architecture and algorithms.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and independently when required.
- Excellent communication skills: we have a multilingual and multicultural working environment; the ability to communicate across language and time zone barriers is essential.
- Initiative, drive and creativity to bring your own ideas and solutions to the table.
- Ability to define and meet a schedule.
- Attention to detail.
- An eye for aesthetics.
- Flexibility to respond quickly to changing priorities in an interruptive environment.
- A modern indie style studio with a relaxed atmosphere working on AAA Games.
- A chance to work in a booming industry within an international team.
- Full Health Benefits with an HSA account.
- Work-life balance- Flex hours.
- Office located near Skytrain and bus/bike routes.
- On-site Parking.
- Casual Friday Socials.