Engine Programmer (Digital Scapes, Vancouver)
- Wrocław, Poland
Digital Scapes, soon to be CD PROJEKT RED Vancouver, is an ambitious and unique indie-style gaming studio specializing in AAA multiplayer, console and PC gameplay. Located in one of the biggest hubs of the global media industry, Greater Vancouver, we are always open to new challenges and opportunities. Digital Scapes fosters cross-disciplinary collaboration, honest conversations and integrative growth studio-wide. As a driven team of talented professionals from all around the globe, we want to push gameplay boundaries, incorporate narrative and unforgettable stories that we are proud of, and reach people worldwide to make an impact.
Digital Scapes is searching for experienced Engine Programmers to join their team in Vancouver. As an Engine Programmer you will be responsible for designing, implementing, optimizing and maintaining parts of the CD PROJEKT RED in-house engine. The role involves daily cooperation with other programmers locally as well as remotely.
- Maintaining and optimizing existing engine subsystems for all platforms.
- Designing and implementing new engine subsystems for all platforms.
- Troubleshooting, debugging and bug fixing.
- Meeting deadlines and producing high-quality code.
- Mentoring other team members.
- Excellent knowledge of C++ and general systems programming.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in the games industry or in real-time systems.
- Experience with several hardware platforms.
- Experience with multithreaded programming.
- Ability to debug and optimize code.
- Ability to define and meet a schedule.
- Attention to detail.
- Demonstrable initiative and drive to produce results.
- Excellent communication skills for working across time zones.
- Flexibility to respond quickly to changing priorities in an interruptive environment.
- A modern indie style studio with a relaxed atmosphere working on AAA Games.
- A chance to work in a booming industry within an international team.
- Full Health Benefits with an HSA account.
- Work-life balance- Flex hours.
- Office located near Skytrain and bus/bike routes..
- On-site Parking.
- Casual Friday Socials.