- Vancouver, BC, Canada
At CD PROJEKT RED Vancouver, our mission is to create world-class interactive entertainment experiences.
Located in one of the biggest video game hubs in the world, Vancouver, Canada, we are an inclusive multi-national team of driven and talented professionals that fosters cross-disciplinary collaboration and honest conversations studio-wide.
We push gameplay boundaries. We build unforgettable narratives and stories. We make some of the best and most revered video games on the planet. Join us!
CD PROJEKT RED Vancouver is searching for experienced Engine Programmers to join their team in Vancouver. As an Engine Programmer, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, optimizing and maintaining parts of the CD PROJEKT RED in-house engine. The role involves daily cooperation with other programmers locally as well as remotely.
- Maintaining and optimizing existing engine subsystems for all platforms.
- Designing and implementing new engine subsystems for all platforms.
- Troubleshooting, debugging and bug fixing.
- Meeting deadlines and producing high-quality code.
- Mentoring other team members.
- Excellent knowledge of C++ and general systems programming.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in the games industry or in real-time systems.
- Experience with several hardware platforms.
- Experience with multithreaded programming.
- Ability to debug and optimize code.
- Ability to define and meet a schedule.
- Attention to detail.
- Demonstrable initiative and drive to produce results.
- Excellent communication skills for working across time zones.
- Flexibility to respond quickly to changing priorities in an interruptive environment.
- A modern indie style studio with a relaxed atmosphere working on AAA Games.
- A chance to work in a booming industry within an international team.
- Full Health Benefits with an HSA account.
- Work-life balance- Flex hours.
- Office located near Skytrain and bus/bike routes..
- On-site Parking.
- Casual Friday Socials.