- Warsaw, Poland
To create revolutionary, story-driven RPGs which go straight to the hearts of gamers — this is our mission. As a driven team of talented professionals from all around the globe, we want to earn our place as one of the world’s top video-game developers, push narrative boundaries, and build unforgettable stories that set and redefine the standards for the genre.
We are looking for talented and ambitious individuals to join one of the GWENT cross-functional squads. As a Backend Developer, you will be responsible for creating and improving GWENT backend services. You will work together with the squad on improving and introducing new features for GWENT. If you are willing to learn and constantly push yourself to improve, don’t hesitate and send us your application!
- Developing highly available, scalable web services for millions of gamers around the world
- Working together with the squad on new features, from concept to deployment to production
- Writing well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Sharing your knowledge with other team members and supporting them in solving complex challenges
- Staying abreast of best trends by researching new tools, as well as enhancing and further developing existing solutions
- Strong attention to detail and strive for quality
- 3+ years’ experience in software engineering
- Mastery in PHP7
- Expertise in handling MySQL databases and query/table optimizations
- Linux power user
- Strong experience with unit testing
- Experience in modern backend technologies (microservice architecture, REST, Symfony, Docker, RabbitMQ)
- Ability to easily communicate in English
Nice to have
- Strong understanding of best security practices
- Hands-on experience with scalability and performance tuning of web applications
- Experience with caching (HTTP, Redis)
- React knowledge
- Experience with work in an agile environment
- Passion for gaming, game services, and online communities
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere.
- A chance to work in a booming industry within an international team.
- Private health care.
- 24/7 gym for CDPR employees with personal trainer on-site and a Multisport card.
- 2 canteens, 5 fully equipped kitchens, fit vending machines and various foodtrucks.
- Free library with a wide range of games and books.
- Many social activities and parties.
- Free parking for all employees.
- Fresh fruit twice a week for everyone in the office, a wide choice of tea, fancy coffee machines and a few types of milk.
- A dog-friendly office :)
- Step by step assistance and a ‘Relocation Package’ for new staff willing to relocate to Poland.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees.