- Warsaw, Poland
Our mission is this: we want to deliver bleeding edge, mature role-playing games with a deep focus on storytelling, and we want to wrap them in an honest, good value for money package gamers find worth their hard earned cash. We’d love all games and gamers to be treated like that, and we’re working hard every day to make that happen.
As Lead Animator, you will be co-responsible for how our game looks and feels in motion. Working with GWENT’s Art Director you will have a real impact on leader characters' animations' style and the way they are presented both in the game and promotional materials.
You will oversee and mentor the team of talented animators and riggers breathing life into a Collectible Card Game and it’s Premium Cards. With your creative input card and leader, character designs will be transformed into the breathtaking art our studio is widely known for.
- Co-defining, improving and executing the vision for the best quality animations in CCG genre;
- Leading by example in the day-to-day creation of world class animations of the in-game assets including leader characters, premium cards and game boards;
- Managing the team of animators and riggers;
- Reviewing the work of animators and mentoring them on new techniques and creative ideas;
- Maintaining high-quality standards of rigging and animations production within the team;
- Working closely with Art Director on achieving the highest quality of animations and also providing a creative perspective for tools and technologies used;
- Scheduling and directing the mo-cap sessions for leader characters
- Providing feedback to artists working on cards and various in-game models regarding animations’ team needs;
- Preparing and presenting the progress of the animation team in daily art production meetings;
- Working with Art Producers on planning the work of your team and ensuring timely delivery;
- Representing animations team in front of other art teams and working with their leads on achieving the goals set for the game.
- 5+ years experience in animating assets and characters for games industry
- Proven experience (2+ years) in leading gamedev animation team
- Solid professional knowledge of Autodesk Maya and Motion Builder is a must
- Vast experience in working with motion capture recording files
- Experience in working with Unity Editor is a plus
- Exceptional management skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Devotion to quality and eye for detail
- Enthusiasm towards teaching/ mentoring
- Fluent English
- Rigging and/or 3D modelling skills will be considered a plus
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere.
- A chance to work in a booming industry within an international team.
- Private health care (Enel Med, Medicover or Lux Med).
- 24/7 gym for CDPR employees with personal trainer on-site and a Multisport card.
- 2 canteens, 5 fully equipped kitchens, fit vending machines and various foodtrucks.
- Free library with a wide range of games and books.
- Many social activities and parties.
- Free parking for all employees.
- Fresh fruit twice a week for everyone in the office, a wide choice of tea, fancy coffee machines and a few types of milk.
- A dog-friendly office. :)