- Warsaw, Poland
Our mission is this: we want to deliver bleeding edge, mature role-playing games with a deep focus on storytelling, and we want to wrap them in an honest, good value for money package gamers find worth their hard earned cash. We’d love all games and gamers to be treated like that, and we’re working hard every day to make that happen.
We are looking for a talented Combat Encounter Designer who will join our Warsaw team in creating and balancing all combat encounters within Cyberpunk 2077. This person will take ownership of delivering memorable combat encounters, that thrill and excite our players.
Work with Quest, Open World, Level Design, Environment and Gameplay teams, to design memorable combat encounters based on predefined narrative, environmental and gameplay themes.
Adjust predefined quests and locations, by utilising NPC setup, interactive objects, loot and environment, to create a challenging playthrough, with multiple solutions
Working with Level Designers and Environmental Artists, ensure level geometry serves the needs of the combat encounter.
Work with AI Designers and AI Programmers to ensure you have the necessary control over AI to script both stealth and action based encounters.
Dedicate yourself to understanding all player verbs, allowing yourself to craft divergent experiences that cater to all available playstyles.
Working with Gameplay Designers, proactively suggest improvements to gameplay systems and principles.
3+ years of experience in the industry
Knowledge and experience working with next-generation 3D level editors (CryEngine, Unreal etc. or internally developed editors).
Both analytic and creative thinking abilities.
Extensive knowledge of video games and the games industry, including current trends and releases.
Excellent communication skills and ability to work and be efficient within a team.
Good command of the English language.
Nice to have
Experience in game balancing
Basic understanding of simple scripting languages
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere.
- A chance to work in a booming industry, within an international team.
- Private health care (Enel Med, Medicover or Lux Med).
- 24/7 gym for CDPR employees with personal trainer on-site and a Multisport card.
- 2 canteens, 5 fully equipped kitchens, fit vending machines and various foodtrucks.
- Free library with a wide range of games and books.
- Many social activities and parties.
- A dog-friendly office.
- Fresh fruit twice a week for everyone in the office, a wide choice of tea, fancy coffee machines and a few types of milk :)
- From 20 to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- Step by step assistance and a ‘Relocation Package’ for new staff willing to relocate to Poland.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees.
Selected Candidates will be asked to perform a skill test.