Lead Systems Designer
- Wrocław, Poland
Our mission is this: we want to deliver bleeding edge, mature role-playing games with a deep focus on storytelling, and we want to wrap them in an honest, good value for money package gamers find worth their hard-earned cash. We’d love all games and gamers to be treated like that, and we’re working hard every day to make that happen.
In our studio in Wrocław, you’ll meet not only all of the challenges and opportunities of a quickly expanding team, but also a very friendly atmosphere of a smaller studio, with its own ambitious online project!
System Designers contribute to creating worlds through design and translation of design into systems that bring cohesion to and enhance the game experience. We are looking for a Lead Systems Designer who is talented, clever, collaborative, and passionate about RPG games. If that is you and you’re looking for a challenge, then don’t hesitate and apply! :)
Daily responsibilities in a nutshell
- Close cooperation with our Creative Director and the rest of the teams in order to deliver consistent and player friendly gameplay systems into our online game.
- Create, develop, implement and manage game systems such as itemization, meta progression, social and stats.
- Guided by experience, intuition and mathematics, manage the intersection of several systems as they pertain to the overall game experience and vision.
- Ensure that systems designs are clearly communicated to all involved in their implementation through documentation, meetings and relationships.
- Manage systems designers in growth as designers as well as execution of tasks.
- Acting as a subject matter expert, sharing knowledge with the rest of the teams and improving the process of systems design.
- Quality check and review ongoing development to ensure proper course corrections as often as needed.
- Keeping up to date with feedback and industry standards.
- More than 5 years’ experience in online game systems design with at least one shipped title.
- Proven success in creating compelling and innovative gameplay systems in a AAA online game.
- Proficiency in clear communicating of complex concepts, including experience in creating detailed project documentation.
- High quality passion for game systems design and the ability to seamlessly share knowledge with other team members.
- Understanding programming/scripting in design and experience with game editors and game design tools.
- Very strong problem-solving abilities and openness for changes.
- Extensive knowledge of (and hands-on up-to-date experience with) current game system design trends, specifically in online action/RPG area.
- Awareness of the wider development team and the audience; skills in both opening and focusing conversations with stakeholders on different levels of hierarchy.
- Excellent English communication skills.
- A full-time job in a modern and relaxed studio atmosphere.
- A chance to work in a booming industry, within an international team.
- Private healthcare (Enel Med, Medicover or Lux Med).
- Fresh fruit for everyone in the office, a wide choice of tea, fancy coffee machines.
- A lot of challenges and ambitious tasks.
- Free library with wide range of games and books.
- Many social activities and parties.
- From 20 to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- A step by step assistance and ‘Relocation Package’ for foreigners willing to establish in Poland.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees.