- Wrocław, Poland
Our mission is this: we want to deliver bleeding edge, mature role-playing games with a deep focus on storytelling, and we want to wrap them in an honest, good value for money package gamers find worth their hard-earned cash. We’d love all games and gamers to be treated like that, and we’re working hard every day to make that happen.
In our studio in Wrocław, you’ll meet not only all of the challenges and opportunities of a quickly expanding team, but also a very friendly atmosphere of a smaller studio, with its own ambitious online project!
We are searching for a Design Director who will act as the main vision holder of our online game. In this role, you’ll be responsible for the overall design direction of the project, including the core multiplayer gameplay mechanics and systems. An ideal candidate would be an all-rounder who can manage and mentor their team of designers to deliver the highest possible quality gaming experience. If you truly love multiplayer games, and you also have some ideas on how to make them better, don’t hesitate and apply! A highly creative and passionate team awaits!
Daily responsibilities in a nutshell
- Cooperating closely with our Head of Studio and Producers in order to maintain a consistent vision of the project.
- Taking full responsibility for all crucial design aspects of our game.
- Managing and directing the tone and gameplay design of the project, proposing innovative and fun mechanics.
- Guiding the team in translating the overall game vision into implemented functionality.
- Reviewing gameplay, balance, and design.
- Ensuring that the overall gameplay experience is carried through to completion in the highest possible quality.
- Managing, mentoring and motivating the local game design team.
- Nurturing the team’s growth, also by supporting the recruitment of new team members.
- More than 10 years’ experience in game development of AAA titles (preferably with online mechanics).
- Experience in leading, managing and understanding of an interdisciplinary team.
- Proven success in creating compelling and innovative gameplay mechanics.
- Ability to provide focused, inspiring and creative leadership, and to coordinate and motivate the whole design team.
- Proficiency in communicating complex concepts clearly, including creating project documentation.
- Understanding programming/scripting in game design, experience with game editors and game design tools.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Extensive knowledge of (and hands-on, up-to-date experience with) current game design trends, specifically in Online Action/RPG area.
- Being aware of the wider development team, stakeholders, and the audience; skills in both opening and focusing on conversations.
- Openness to changes, passion for games, and a good sense of humour are appreciated!
- Fluent English.
- A full-time job in a modern and relaxed studio atmosphere.
- A chance to work in a booming industry, within an international team.
- Private healthcare (Enel Med, Medicover or Lux Med).
- Fresh fruit for everyone in the office, a wide choice of tea, fancy coffee machines.
- A lot of challenges and ambitious tasks.
- Free library with wide range of games and books.
- Many social activities and parties.
- From 20 to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- A step by step assistance and ‘Relocation Package’ for foreigners willing to establish in Poland
- Polish lessons for foreign employees