- Jagiellońska 74, 00-001 Warszawa, Poland
Our mission is this: we want to deliver bleeding edge, mature role-playing games with a deep focus on storytelling, and we want to wrap them in an honest, good value for money package gamers find worth their hard earned cash. We’d love all games and gamers to be treated like that, and we’re working hard every day to make that happen.
CD PROJEKT RED is looking for a talented Technical Artist - ideally an engineer with artistic background, person with both analytical thinking and artistic vision. As a Technical Artist you will be responsible for solving technical issues between Code and Art departments, support asset creation (including vfx and destruction) and contributing to the research and development of our in-house tools.
- Prototyping / researching and integrating new features, including: rendering and custom material shading, dynamic in-game systems (physics, simulations), external and internal tools (Art / Animation).
- Analyzing and improving rendering performance.
- Improving quality (rendering, animation, physics).
- Maintaining and expanding existing content creation pipelines, including internal tools development.
- Identifying, and foreseeing biggest bottlenecks in the production pipeline.
- At least one year’s experience in game development or CG in a technical role supporting environments or character creation.
- Familiar with at least one programming language (python, C++, C#, vop/vex).
- A deep understanding of 3d modelling and animation packages (Maya, Motion Builder).
- Expertise in troubleshooting and solving problems.
- Knowledge of vector calculus, linear algebra.
- Familiar with differential calculus, matrix operations.
- Experience in procedural content creation (Houdini preferred).
- BRDF / shading language knowledge (hlsl preferred).
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere.
- A chance to work in a booming industry, within an international team.
- Private health care (Enel Med, Medicover or Lux Med).
- A free MultiSport card.
- 24/7 gym for CDPR employees with personal trainer on-site.
- 2 canteens, 5 fully equipped kitchens, fit vending machines and various foodtrucks.
- Fresh fruit twice a week for everyone in the office, a wide choice of tea, fancy coffee machines and 7 types of milk :)
- Free library with wide range of games and books.
- Many social activities and parties.
- From 20 to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- Step by step assistance and a ‘Relocation Package’ for new staff willing to relocate to Poland.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees.