Junior Legal Counsel
- Warsaw, Poland
Our mission is this: we want to deliver bleeding edge, mature role-playing games with a deep focus on storytelling, and we want to wrap them in an honest, good value for money package gamers find worth their hard earned cash. We’d love all games and gamers to be treated like that, and we’re working hard every day to make that happen.
We are looking for a talented and ambitious Junior Legal Counsel to join the ranks of our Legal Team. Among other things, you will be responsible for handling of some of the Studio’s intellectual property and business matters, checking compliance of our games with law across the jurisdictions, managing and protecting our IP and supporting the Legal Team in regulatory matters. The role requires a can-do attitude, analytical skills, true grit to become a top-class lawyer, very good team working skills and a rare combination of being competitive and humble at the same time.
- Taking care of legal matters of the Studio, including drafting contracts, ensuring legal compliance of our games and providing necessary legal advice.
- Researching the legal issues and market trends across the jurisdictions.
- Proactively supporting all members of the Legal team in any arising issues, from responding to our fans’ legal-related emails to co-working on top-tier contracts with Hollywood stars.
- Protecting IP of the Studio.
- Working closely with other departments in the studio (Business, Dev, Marketing, Finance and more).
- Supporting development of the Legal team and its strategies for the future.
- Law degree (students may be accepted in case of extraordinary work experience).
- Up to 2/3 years of professional experience that includes IP law good understanding of copyright law), some knowledge of GDPR would be an additional advantage.
- Pro-business attitude: we’re not risk-averse and we always try to solve problems.
- Gaming: playing video games or at least knowing very well what is happening in the video games industry is a must.
- Full fluency in English.
- Experience in US or UK law would be an additional advantage.
- Very good team working skills.
- Developed interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere.
- Private medical care (Enel Med, Medicover or Lux Med).
- A chance to work in a booming industry, within an international team.
- 24/7 gym for CDPR employees with personal trainer on-site.
- 2 canteens, 5 fully equipped kitchens, fit vending machines and various food trucks.
- Fresh fruit twice a week for everyone in the office, a wide choice of tea, fancy coffee machines and 7 types of milk :)
- Free library with a wide range of games and books.
- Many social activities and parties.
In few sentences please explain why you'd like to join CDPR :)