Junior Cinematic Designer
- aleja 3 Maja, Kraków, Poland
Our mission is this: we want to deliver bleeding edge, mature role-playing games with a deep focus on storytelling, and we want to wrap them in an honest, good value for money package gamers find worth their hard earned cash. We’d love all games and gamers to be treated like that, and we’re working hard every day to make that happen.
CD PROJEKT RED is looking for a talented Junior Cinematic Designer to join our team. We are currently expanding Krakow Studio by growing the Cinematics department. The person on this position will be responsible for creating compelling in-game interactive dialogue sequences and cutscenes in CD PROJEKT RED’s proprietary tool. The ideal candidate should have a very good understanding of directing, storytelling, acting and cinematography as well as a strong sense of composition and pacing.
- Create interactive, branching cinematic sequences using in-house proprietary engine based on node system.
- Create compelling cutscenes with excellent pacing, acting, cinematography, editing and timing.
- Communicate with Designers and Leads to improve the readability of visual storytelling and establish perfect continuity of the story with gameplay.
- Set up actor staging and cameras.
- Complete tasks on time in high quality.
- Follow and maintain pipelines and technical requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arts (preferably Animation / Film Production) and/or at least 1 year of professional experience in games/film.
- Experience with 3D software (Motionbuilder, 3DSMax, Maya, Unreal Engine, etc.)
- Good understanding of acting, including posing and timing.
- Good knowledge of cinematography and editing.
- Excellent communication skills and abilities to work efficiently within a team.
- Ability to quickly adapt the company’s proprietary software as well as to learn new software.
- Technical problem-solving.
Nice to have
- A genuine interest in the genre.
- Game development experience (doing a long-form project(s) from inception to completion).
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere.
- A chance to work in a booming industry within an international team.
- Fresh fruit twice a week for everyone in the office, a wide choice of tea, fancy coffee machines and fit vending machines.
- Free library with a wide range of games and books.
- Many social activities and parties.
- Private healthcare & card to many sports clubs
- From 20 to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- An exciting chance to work with the developers of one of the most acclaimed role-playing games in recent history.