Senior Programmer (Digital Scapes, Vancouver)
- Wrocław, Poland
Our partner, Digital Scapes, is an ambitious video game development studio specialising in AAA console and PC gameplay, development tool creation, asset production, and cloud computing. Located in one of the biggest hubs of the global media industry, Greater Vancouver, they are currently exclusively working with CD PROJEKT RED on Cyberpunk 2077.
Digital Scapes is looking for an experienced programmer to add to their team. The role involves design, implementation, optimization and maintenance of software used to create the best multiplatform AAA titles. It will require C++ coding as well as scripting skills.
- Analysing development needs and challenges at all levels of the software stack, including tools.
- Formulating solutions, negotiating them with stakeholders, and implementing them.
- Collaborating with team members of various disciplines locally as well as remotely.
- Troubleshooting and bug fixing.
- At least 3 years’ of relevant experience in the games industry.
- Excellent knowledge of C++ and general systems programming.
- Debugging and optimization skills.
- Demonstrable initiative and drive to produce results.
- Ability to define and meet a schedule.
- Attention to detail.
- Flexibility to respond quickly to changing priorities in an interruptive environment.
Nice to have
- Familiarity with networking and matchmaking.
- Experience with first-person perspective games (especially shooters).
- Good verbal and written communication skills (for collaboration with Poland).
- Passion for games or good understanding of gameplay mechanics.
- Readiness to travel to Poland for 1-2 months’ training.
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere with cutting-edge technologies.
- A chance to work in an international environment in a booming industry.
- A competitive salary and project-based bonuses.
- An exciting chance to work on one of the most acclaimed role-playing games.