Junior Open World Designer
- Kraków, Poland
The Open World team is dedicated to crafting an interactive, living and breathing world that captivates each and every player who ventures into it. Our goal is to create a futuristic urban environment with diverse social groups to encounter, wide-ranging points of interest to explore, and immersive in-game activities that’ll leave our players coming back for more.
Sound like your kind of jam? Don’t wait - now’s the chance to leave your legacy on Night City!
As a Junior Open World Designer, in addition to ensuring that players have an array of stimulating and multifaceted gameplay experiences at their disposal, you’ll also be striving to communicate a one-of-a-kind story through the fast-paced, no-holds-barred world of Cyberpunk 2077.
If you’ve got a creative flair and a passion for strong storytelling, you’ll fit right in.
- Creating entertaining in-game events in Night City.
- Devising natural and relatable NPC behavior.
- Designing dialogue sequences to pass on to our writers.
- Planning various pathway options for completing quests.
- Implementing global assets in our engine (using the latest version of REDKit).
- Handling documentation and coordinating with other teams.
- Knowledge of one of the game editors (REDkit, Skyrim Creation Kit, Aurora or Shadowrun).
- Creativity and thousands of ideas how open world should be presented in the game.
- Good sense of narrative pacing.
- Fluent English.
- Broad interest in culture and pop culture (literature, cinema, etc.) as well as knowledge about Cyberpunk genre.
- Real passion for playing games (cRPGs or pen & paper role playing systems).
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills & ability to effectively work across teams involved in a game development lifecycle.
- Experience in modding games (cRPGs and sandbox games preferred) would be a plus.
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere.
- A chance to work in an international environment in a booming industry.
- A competitive salary and project-based bonuses.
- Private healthcare.
- From 20 to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- An exciting chance to work with the developers of one of the most acclaimed role-playing games in recent history.
As a part of the recruitment process, a candidate for a Junior Open World Designer is always asked to perform a test – design, create and fill an open world area with given elements. Those are provided when the candidate decides to start a testing procedure and it has to be delivered on time in one of the following engines: REDkit (preferred), Skyrim Creation Kit, Aurora or Shadowrun. Please make yourself acquainted with the engine of choice before starting the test. For documentation about Redkit, please visit https://redkitwiki.cdprojektred.com.