- Kraków, Poland
Our mission is this: we want to deliver bleeding edge, mature role-playing games with a deep focus on storytelling, and we want to wrap them in an honest, good value for money package gamers find worth their hard earned cash. We’d love all games and gamers to be treated like that, and we’re working hard every day to make that happen.
CD PROJEKT RED is currently looking for a talented Level Artist to join our Environment Art team in Kraków to work on the highly anticipated Cyberpunk 2077. As an Environment Level Artist, you will be making use of your compositional skills by creating buildings and interiors while breathing life into the surroundings by environmental storytelling through prop placement to create a wide range of immersive, engaging and artistically stunning environments.
Daily responsibilities in a nutshell
- Creating locations, to provide the best player experience possible.
Creating strong environment storytelling with set dressing.
Cooperating with the Art Director and Art Leads to maintain artistic consistency and vision for the game while building stellar levels and scenes.
Collaborating effectively with Level Designers, Concept Artists, Quest, and Story teams.
Maintaining production and optimization pipeline.
- At least 2 years experience in working in the games industry on at least one AAA title.
- Great sense of scale, proportion, and composition.
- Creativity and an excellent eye for detail.
- Good skills in one of the leading modeling packages (3DS Max, Maya, etc.).
- Knowledge of physically based rendering (PBR).
- Understanding of optimization.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work within a team.
- Ability to easily communicate in English.
- Passion for games!
We would consider as a plus
- Experience with procedural content creation packages (Substance, Houdini, World Machine).
- Creating immersive lighting & environmental effects.
- Creating photorealistic original textures using various tools and middleware.
- Setting up materials and shaders to achieve the best possible final quality.
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere with cutting-edge technologies.
- A chance to work in an international environment in a booming industry.
- A competitive salary and project-based bonuses.
- Private healthcare.
- From 20 up to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- A step by step assistance and ‘Relocation Package’ for foreigners willing to establish in Poland.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees.
Artists should enclose a portfolio or link to an online portfolio to their application. As apart of the recruitment process, the candidates will be asked to perform an art test.