- Kraków, Poland
Our mission is this: we want to deliver bleeding edge, mature role-playing games with a deep focus on storytelling, and we want to wrap them in an honest, good value for money package gamers find worth their hard earned cash. We’d love all games and gamers to be treated like that, and we’re working hard every day to make that happen.
CD PROJEKT RED is looking for an experienced, talented and creative Level Designer to join our outstanding Cracow team. The person in this position will be responsible for preparing sketches and maps for mission-based locations, defining asset backlogs as requests to art teams, and then constructing levels in the editor with existing meshes and tools. And if you are able to communicate with people as efficiently as you do with game editors, join us!
- Designing, prototyping, iterating on and polishing in-game levels, including level geometry, enemy encounters and other gameplay elements, using our proprietary level editor.
- Crafting unique spaces where gameplay flow and visual composition form memorable experiences.
- Developing and working within predefined level metrics.
- Working closely with other teams to ensure created levels contribute to and enhance the gameplay and game narrative.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a Level Designer position in games.
- Experience with game editors and/or 3D packages.
- Experience working on shooters with RPG elements.
- Extensive knowledge of current tittles, specifically in the Action/RPG genre, as well as works of art, such as movies, architecture or visual arts, to be used as reference for crafting and communicating original ideas.
- Excellent understanding of level design fundamentals and the role of level design in the overall player experience.
- Ability to create map layouts on all stages – from simple drawings to fully functional levels in at least one of the existing game engines.
- Ability to use all elements of the game world, including level geometry, texturing, lighting, sound and VFX to craft unique player experiences.
- Excellent communication skills & proven ability to work within a team.
- Fluent English.
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere.
- A chance to work in a booming industry within an international team.
- Fresh fruit twice a week for everyone in the office, a wide choice of tea, fancy coffee machines and fit vending machines.
- Free library with a wide range of games and books.
- Many social activities and parties.
- Private healthcare & card to many sports clubs
- From 20 to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- An exciting chance to work with the developers of one of the most acclaimed role-playing games in recent history.
Artists and designers should enclose a portfolio or link to an online portfolio to their application.