Junior Open World Designer
- Kraków, Poland
Our mission is this: we want to deliver bleeding edge, mature role-playing games with a deep focus on storytelling, and we want to wrap them in an honest, good value for money package gamers find worth their hard earned cash. We’d love all games and gamers to be treated like that, and we’re working hard every day to make that happen.
CD PROJEKT RED is looking for Junior Open World Designer to join our Krakow team. We are looking for candidates with boundless creativity to fill our game world with believable and exciting content consisting of communities and events that player will encounter.
- Designing and implementing communities and open world events using a proprietary toolset.
- Maintaining the highest possible quality of open world content and fixing reported bugs.
- Cooperating with other departments.
- Creating and maintaining documentation.
- Knowledge of one of the game editors (REDkit, Skyrim Creation Kit, Aurora or Shadowrun).
- Creativity and thousands of ideas how open world should be presented in the game.
- Good sense of narrative pacing.
- Fluent English.
- Broad interest in culture and pop culture (literature, cinema, etc.) as well as knowledge about Cyberpunk genre.
- Real passion for playing games (cRPGs or pen & paper role playing systems).
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills & ability to effectively work across teams involved in a game development lifecycle.
- Experience in modding games (cRPGs and sandbox games preferred) would be a plus.
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere.
- A chance to work in an international environment in a booming industry.
- A competitive salary and project-based bonuses.
- Private healthcare.
- From 20 to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- An exciting chance to work with the developers of one of the most acclaimed role-playing games in recent history.
As a part of the recruitment process, a candidate for a Junior Open World Designer is always asked to perform a test – design, create and fill an open world area with given elements. Those are provided when the candidate decides to start a testing procedure and it has to be delivered on time in one of the following engines: REDkit (preferred), Skyrim Creation Kit, Aurora or Shadowrun. Please make yourself acquainted with the engine of choice before starting the test. For documentation about Redkit, please visit https://redkitwiki.cdprojektred.com.