Environment Level Artist
- Jagiellońska, Warszawa, Poland
Our mission is this: we want to deliver bleeding edge, mature role-playing games with a deep focus on storytelling, and we want to wrap them in an honest, good value for money package gamers find worth their hard earned cash. We’d love all games and gamers to be treated like that, and we’re working hard every day to make that happen.
CD PROJEKT RED is currently looking for a talented artists to join our Environment Art team in Warsaw to work on Cyberpunk 2077. As an Environment Level Artist you will be creating a wide range of environments in futuristic settings, planning the composition and breathing life into buildings by clever use of light.
Daily responsibilities in a nutshell
- Participating in the creation of ideas and plans for a locations/levels in our upcoming Cyberpunk 2077.
- Creating photorealistic original textures using various tools and middleware.
- Setting up materials and shaders to achieve best possible final quality.
- Creating immersive lighting & environmental effects.
- Cooperating effectively with Level Designers, Concept Artists, Environment Artists and everyone involved in creating locations.
- Maintaining the production pipeline and meeting deadlines.
- Finishing locations and cutscenes with existing meshes and decals.
- At least 4 years’ experience in working in games industry on at least one AAA title.
- Excellent skills in one of the leading modeling packages (3DS Max, Maya, etc.) and Photoshop.
- Good knowledge of composition, color theory, & lighting.
- Basic knowledge of physically based rendering (PBR).
- Experience with procedural content creation packages is a plus (Substance, Houdini, World Machine).
- Creativity and an excellent eye for detail.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work within a team.
- Ability to easily communicate in English.
- Passion for games!
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere.
- A chance to work in a booming industry, within an international team.
- A competitive salary and project-based bonuses.
- Private healthcare & MultiSport card.
- From 20 to to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- Step by step assistance and a ‘Relocation Package’ for new staff willing to relocate to Poland.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees.
Artists should include portfolio to their application. As a part of recruitment process, a candidate for an Environment Artist is always asked to perform a test.