Lead Game Designer
- Warsaw, Poland
Our mission is this: we want to deliver bleeding edge, mature role-playing games with a deep focus on storytelling, and we want to wrap them in an honest, good value for money package gamers find worth their hard earned cash. We’d love all games and gamers to be treated like that, and we’re working hard every day to make that happen.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Lead Game Designer who would help us guide the team of designers on Gwent: The Witcher Cards Game, and supervise the design of gameplay systems and online mechanics. If you’re looking for a challenge, don’t hesitate and apply! :)
- Managing and directing the tone and gameplay design of the project – GWENT: The Witcher Card Game, proposing innovative and fun mechanics, fulfilling on the game direction.
- Management and mentoring of our game design team.
- Nurturing the team’s growth, also by supporting the recruitment of new members.
- Guiding the team in translating the overall game vision into implemented functionality.
- Reviewing gameplay, balance and design.
- Ensuring that the overall gameplay experience is carried through to completion in the highest possible quality.
- Maintaining the design documentation of the game.
- Transferring the design vision of the game onto the development teams.
- More than 5 years’ experience in the game industry as a Game Designer with at least one shipped title.
- Experience in leading, managing and understanding of a team of designers.
- Proven success in creating compelling and innovative gameplay mechanics in free-to-play games.
- Proficiency in clear communicating of complex concepts, including experience in creating project documentation.
- Ability to provide focused and inspiring creative leadership, and to coordinate and motivate a whole design team.
- Understanding programming/scripting in game design and experience with game editors and game design tools.
- Very strong problem-solving abilities.
- Extensive knowledge of current game design trends, specifically in card games area.
- Openness for changes, high quality passion and good sense of humour are appreciated!
- Excellent English communication skills.
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere.
- A chance to work in a booming industry, within an international team.
- Private health care (Enel Med, Medicover or Lux Med).
- 24/7 gym for CDPR employees with personal trainer on-site.
- 2 canteens, 5 fully equipped kitchens, fit vending machines and various foodtrucks.
- Fresh fruit twice a week for everyone in the office, a wide choice of tea, fancy coffee machines and 7 types of milk :)
- Free library with wide range of games and books.
- Many social activities and parties.
- From 20 to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- A step by step assistance and ‘Relocation Package’ for foreigners willing to establish in Poland.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees.