- Jagiellońska, Warszawa, Poland
Our mission is this: we want to deliver bleeding edge, mature role-playing games with a deep focus on storytelling, and we want to wrap them in an honest, good value for money package gamers find worth their hard earned cash. We’d love all games and gamers to be treated like that, and we’re working hard every day to make that happen.
CD PROJEKT RED is looking for a talented and creative Quest Designer to join our Warsaw team! The person in this position will be responsible for designing, planning and implementing story-driven quests in our games. You will be constantly assessing, controlling and verifying the quality of the quests while cooperating with many different teams within the studio.
- Creating the storyline on a detailed level.
- Designing quests and implementing them using a proprietary toolset.
- Planning assets required for the creation of the quests.
- Cooperating with other departments.
- Integrating delivered assets (like gameplay elements, locations, characters, dialogue etc.) into a seamless, engaging and unique experience.
- Maintaining the highest possible quality of quests, and fixing reported bugs.
- Creating and maintaining design documentation.
- At least 3 years of experience working in a Quest or Mission Design position, with at least 1 shipped title with strong narrative and quest/mission design elements.
- Proven experience with comparable visual scripting tools.
- Experience with game editors and game design tools.
- Creativity and good sense of narrative pacing.
- Proven ability to effectively work across teams involved in a game development lifecycle.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet production deadlines.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Real passion for playing games (cRPGs or pen&paper role playing systems).
- Excellent communication skills & proven ability to work within a team.
- Fluent English.
Nice to have
- Knowledge of Mike Pondsmith’s Cyberpunk universe.
- Familiarity with Cyberpunk genre in games, movies and literature.
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere.
- A chance to work in a booming industry, within an international team.
- A competitive salary and project-based bonuses.
- Private healthcare & MultiSport card.
- From 20 to to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- An exciting chance to work with the developers of one of the most acclaimed role-playing games in recent history.
- Step by step assistance and a ‘Relocation Package’ for people willing to relocate to Poland.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees.
As a part of recruitment process, a candidate for a Quest Designer is always asked to perform a test – design and implement quest with a specific number of requirements. Those are provided when the candidate decides to start a testing procedure and it has to be delivered on time in one of the following engines: RED kit (preferred), Skyrim Creation Kit, Neverwinter Nights 2 or Shadowrun.